Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2005, 11:25 PM

Default NASA Jackasses

How big are the asses at NASA? The idiots sent up a death shuttle. As many people know, a big junk of foam broke off again. While the foam likely didnt do any damage, the idiots at NASA still sent up a shuttle with a fatal and deadly flaw that they knew existed and that they didnt fix.

I posted this here because the only reason the shuttle was flying was because of BS political reasons. There is no other real scientific value to the shuttle.
Old 07-28-2005, 12:27 AM

Default Perhaps the Space Shuttle is........

Obsolete and Unreliable.
I think 99.999% of all shuttle missions seem to get delayed due to some type of problem. I love the idea of manned space exploration but perhaps sending unmanned probes will be more cost effective. This assumes the incompetants at NASA don't screw things up. One probe crashed when the software programers failed to convert feet to meters in the software code. I forget how many MILLIONS were wasted when the probe got destroyed in the resulting crash. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

AS for the space shuttle, perhaps it is time to go back to the drawing board and design a new spaceship.
Old 07-28-2005, 12:39 AM

Default Re: NASA Jackasses

Does anyone else think the new CEO bush "appointed" (wtf is that anyway) is playing a little to the left of the first base line?

My bottom line opinions:

NASA should be more of an organization than a company.
Space is NOT an "inside" job. (Clearly it's an outside job)
According to articles I've read NASA spends billions too much on launches that their scientists say can be done much cheaper (that is, before they get fired and replaced by a bunch of Lockheed Martin).
Old 07-28-2005, 12:40 AM

All shuttle launches have some debris that comes off during launch. It is only now after the Columbia disaster that it has become such a hot topic.

See Patrick del Poker Grande for actual rocket scientist talk.
Old 07-28-2005, 08:58 AM

Haha wow now were getting people saying Bush told them to launch the shuttle. If it was up to me I would scrap/cancel NASA and let indepednat reasearchers create their own companies, which would be more cost efficient. This has allready started to happen.
Old 07-28-2005, 10:23 AM

Default Coca Cola 13

[ QUOTE ]
If it was up to me I would scrap/cancel NASA and let independent researchers create their own companies, which would be more cost efficient.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you believe that Man would get to the moon faster (or at all) if the project was carried out by private enterprise instead of a government agency such as NASA ?
Old 07-28-2005, 10:47 AM

Default Re: Coca Cola 13

Thats a moot point its allready happpend, independant agencies allready have started their own programs, its much more cost efficient, governement agencies waste tons of money on all programs. We would be much better off.
Old 07-28-2005, 11:47 AM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
Thats a moot point its allready happpend

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, move along guys. No more debating past events here. Nothing to see. OH MY GOD A HORRIBLE PLANE CRASH!! Hey everybody, get a load of this flaming wreckage! Come on, crowd around, crowd around!
Old 07-28-2005, 12:09 PM

?????
Old 07-28-2005, 12:19 PM

Do you think the foam falling off never happened for the previous 100 flights? "Death Shuttle", *chuckles*.