Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2004, 08:36 AM

Default UK suppliers/shippers for chips

Hi all,

I'm in need of some nice poker chips and I need them shipped to the UK.
Can anyone recommend any companies that are either UK based, or USA based that ship to the UK, and whose products they would recommend.

I'm not keen to spend a decent chunk of money and get burned with a poor set of chips.
I'm guessing you guys are the best people to ask! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks

Craig
Old 11-16-2004, 12:26 PM

Default Re: UK suppliers/shippers for chips

[ QUOTE ]
Can anyone recommend any companies that are either UK based, or USA based that ship to the UK, and whose products they would recommend.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am in the UK and got mine from HERE (US Site)

The chips are great quality and will last a lifetime, however, the shipping costs are VERY high to the UK as they are very heavy and all shipping is priced on weight. The other thing to mention is that before the delivery driver can hand you the chips, you have to pay a customs duty charge as well!!! This amounted to about £250 for me over 2 orders.

For chips in the UK there are lots of places about now, but you wont get such a good quality as you will from ordering from the USA. Pretty much all chips you order online in the UK are pre-printed and, therefore, you dont get the chance to choose your own design on the chips.

I have since ordered another set of chips for use in my cash game (my clay chips are for tournament use only). These cash chips are excellent quality, I purchased them HERE

You can also order a "sample pack" from them for under a quid - well worth doing.

FYI, a few other sites that supply chips in the UK....

poker chips
just-chips
eurocoin
gaming chips
game shop

So basically, if you go the USA route, you are going to pay a fortune (mostly on shipping), if you go the UK route you are going to get no shipping charges but the chips aren't as good quality.

Ali