Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2005, 11:21 PM

Default Re: My first ever $109..some hands.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I went out to dinner with my wife a while back and spent over $109. Does that poor bankroll management mean I'll never be able to play the $109s?

[/ QUOTE ]

Worst. Analogy. Ever.

[/ QUOTE ]
I was unaware of previous instances of bankroll mismanagement.

But, I stand by my position that there are many kinds of frivolous spending. Even if this poster's spending was something other than merely frivolous.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he's spending on entertainment then he doesn't have a bankroll to manage in the first place. I was going to go on... but this is ridiculous.
Old 12-14-2005, 01:28 AM

Default Re: My first ever $109..some hands.

[ QUOTE ]
We may be wrong, but some of us guess that $109 is a lot to this 16 or 17 year old Chilean kid who has at least once before lost most of his bankroll by playing bigger games than he usually played. One of us even feels guilty for encouraging him to do it at the time. At least I'm not the vulture who profited off of his troubles, am I, Maulik?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Quite a while back Val posted that he was going to take a shot at the $55s with a small, but not crazy-small bankroll. He said he was going to do it. I didn't advise him to. Anyway, I bet a case of beer that he would succeed. I don't remember how we defined success. Maulik took the bet and unfortunately he won. Fortunately he accepted money and I didn't have to ship beer to him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please refrain from besmirching my name without outlining the specific wager we made. I do not have those terms in front of me and unfortunately not able to find them via achieve. This reference also feels like a cheap-shot. My intention was not to root against valenzuela or any 2+2’r to fail; I derive no such satisfaction.

I was not trying to encourage valenzuela to do that for which he was neither equipped nor bankrolled. Please do not construe this past bet as such. Your intentions were good, however you could have simply suggest he run well. If his bankroll were easily replenished we would have no argument.