Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2005, 11:24 PM

Default Re: For those who say they hate chasers!

I make all my money playing 89s in tight games against good aggressive players.
Old 09-13-2005, 11:34 PM

Default Re: For those who say they hate chasers!

Loose/passives are a TAG's best friend. Yes, it can be infuriating when they catch runner runner to suck out on your flopped set, but that's the price you pay for the huge profits you will make off of them over time. Think about it--they pad your pots nearly every time, calling down with weak draws or paying off with bottom pair/no kicker. When they actually do catch a big hand, they rarely get the full value out of it (and you rarely have occasion to pay them off). I mean, I absolutely love playing against maniacs & LAGs because I love pulling in the huge pots you'll win against them, but I've long recognized that the loose/passives are the ones responsible for my win rate.

As far as playing against a whole table full of them, you just have to be smart & realize that one pair, no matter how strong a pair it is, is rarely going to win on a table where 7 people are typically seeing the flop & nobody is folding anything until the river. Don't overplay your one pair hands and don't get too attached to TPTK when those LPPs are suddenly going crazy and you'll do just fine.

In homage to loose/passives everywhere, here's a hand I played earlier today. I couldn't believe what they flipped over at showdown:

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero folds.

River: (5.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB
<font color="#009B00">Main Pot: 9.50 BB, between UTG and MP2.</font> &gt; <font color="#FFFFFF">Pot won by MP2 (9.50 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
UTG has Td Th (two pair, kings and tens).
MP2 has Ks Kd (four of a kind, kings).
Outcome: MP2 wins 9.50 BB. </font>