Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2005, 04:05 PM

Default RakeRebate.net ... my stats aren\'t showing up and no response

Has anybody dealt with them before? I guess I should have asked before I opened the acct. with them, but I found them at the top of the Rakereviews website, so I figured them to be reputable. Anyways, I signed up for a deal and got a confirmation email saying it was set up, but I have yet to see any of my stats displayed on their site. It has been about 10days and I have ~8k hands, so more than enough to show up. I e-mailed them earlier and they asked me to e-mail BetonBet and they replied that the affiliate account was set up and I forwarded this to them, but I have not heard back or had my stats updated. Should I wait until next month (when the payment is supposed to be made) or should I look for a new affiliate?
Old 10-14-2005, 04:10 PM

Default Re: RakeRebate.net ... my stats aren\'t showing up and no response

Had a similiar experience, just make sure you send the email to ronnie, he told me they were extremely busy with the whole party debacle, and apologized and payed out my UB rakeback immediatly,

wouldn't pannick yet just send a second email to ronnie, trust me they are swamped right now
Old 10-14-2005, 04:14 PM

I have my UB account with him and have had no problems so far.
Old 10-14-2005, 04:36 PM

agreed, also have my full tilt program through them and no problems, all i'm saying is he's slightly behind right now so just be a little patient, but he is very up and up.
Old 10-14-2005, 04:44 PM

If you have a rake back through betonbet which I know has stopped allowing new accounts with rakeback, this rakeback will be paid directly by betonbet to you. You should be able to see your MGR on their cashier, it will list your total rake for the current month, just click on the money bag in the lobby.
Old 10-14-2005, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you have a rake back through betonbet which I know has stopped allowing new accounts with rakeback, this rakeback will be paid directly by betonbet to you. You should be able to see your MGR on their cashier, it will list your total rake for the current month, just click on the money bag in the lobby.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, this was something that I was kind of thinking, because a couple times when I went to the cashier through the poker client, I would see "Oct Rake: $XXX" and was wondering if maybe that was my rakeback total or if they were just being nice to show me how much rake I've paid. So, it is the former? Because I did set up the rakeback account through Rakerebate.net and they said I would see the stats on THEIR website, which I have not which is why I am worried.
Old 10-15-2005, 04:16 AM

This site is available in Danish and Swedish versions, but the links to the English and Norwegian versions don't work.

Is this a breakdown or is the English version not available yet?

For those of you that use this affiliate, how do you manage the language situation? Or are you all Scandinavian and don't care?
Old 10-15-2005, 07:36 AM

The number shown on that page is your total MGR which in the case of BetonBet is calculated by dividing the rake in the hand by the number of players that contributed in the hand(not dealt cards). I don't want to speak for your affiliate but mine does not track my stats on his site, and my payment is put directly in my account by BetonBet. If you ask BetonBet they should verify this.
Old 10-16-2005, 01:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This site is available in Danish and Swedish versions, but the links to the English and Norwegian versions don't work.

Is this a breakdown or is the English version not available yet?

[/ QUOTE ]
Never mind. The English language site is just fine. It was a cookie problem.
Old 10-17-2005, 09:18 AM

I signed up there since a friend recommended them, they didn't get back to me for 3 days, so I emailed them asking what was up (I did the UB 28% rb). No response, so I used a web form they had (which in the backend also just emails them) and finally got a response telling me my username and login.

Except that my username was "Email: blah@whatever.com" so that "Email: " was actually in the username. They use your email address as the unique identifier in the database (which is a poor design actually), which is okay in some cases, but they also use that field to directly email you.
So in this case, it appears that someone copy and pasted something into a form on their end, which made my username that.
I logged in with it, saw that there was no record of any of my rake being collected, and chalked that up to a delay in UB talking to them.
I then changed my password from what they gave me over to something else.

Understandably, that then logged me out since the password my cookie was setup with did not match the new one.

I then tried to login with my new password and it wouldn't work.

I clicked the link for "forgot my password" and in that case, it simply emails you the password (or creates a new one and emails you that, or asks you to click on a link which resets it - either of which are actually preferrable in terms of security).
But it doesn't recognize my email because it wants to see "Email: blah@whatever.com" since that is what is in the database - "blah@whatever.com" won't work. Except that the javascript in the form sees that "Email: blah@whatever.com" isn't a valid email address, so it won't let it submit.
And even if it did, I have a feeling their code on the backend would just try to email that "address" anyway and then fail since it is not an email address and instead a malformed string.

So now I can't get into my account.

Again, I emailed them, no response. Then I filled out a form on the website and... no response.

I have created many online sites, know database creation, front end code, backend security processing, and basically am pretty confident in my skills at this sort of stuff. I have done enough that I can see what they were trying to do and what went wrong.
But since they are totally ignoring me, I guess at this point I have pretty much written off the site since they don't have my Neteller info and won't respond to my emails.

Just so that I don't say only bad things about them, I do think that they have a nice visual design of the site. But I can't really say much else about them that is good at this point.