Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2005, 07:15 AM

Default AQo in the C/O Live

Live 4/8. Not really a micro hand but the table is playing like a good Party 1/2 table. It's a nice table minus one idiot who keeps yelling and sucking but winning.

I've played with Button for ~2hours. He is fairly solid, but not really enough hands shown down to know yet however he seems to be tight and semi-aggressive.

9 handed

I am dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in CO. 3 limps, I raise, Button cold calls, blinds fold, 2 limpers call

Flop 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Both limpers check, I bet, Button calls, limpers muck

Turn 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] I bet, Button raises, I three-bet, Button calls

River 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I bet, he raises
Old 08-07-2005, 08:05 AM

Default Re: AQo in the C/O Live

I do believe thats a whiff of slowplayed Trips I detect.

Either that or a weird line with AK?

I hate Turn raises. I really do. With your lack of info, and based on the info that you do have, I would be more inclined to Call the Turn raise, Check/ Call River UI.
Old 08-07-2005, 08:10 AM

Default Re: AQo in the C/O Live

I'm really having problems to put Btn on a reasonable hand here (since you said he's a solid TA). I doubt he'll play this way with something thats clearly dominated (like AJ, ATs) and I don't think he'll slowplay this flop with 22 or 55 (he has to protect his hand from gutshots, since when it was 1 sb to him on the flop he didn't know the limpers would fold).
Could he have something like A7? but if so - wouldn't he have raised the flop?
His turn raise could mean a semibluff with an OESD or a fd (is that the reason why you 3-betted?) but I can't see him raising this river with one of these.
Another possibility would be Ax [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], and he raises you on the turn after he picked up the nut fd (but again I think he would have raised this flop with Ax).

The way the hand played out I think you played it fine and should call the river.