Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2005, 12:22 PM

Default live hand---overpair in monster pot

MP1 plays most of his hands and is a big of a donkey. Earlier he raised 77 on the button behind 4 or 5 limpers, flop was J22, MP bet, MP2 raised, he 3 bet, turned a 7. A couple of hands ago he limped QQ in EMP behind limpers. About 30min ago some guy who raised Aces pf got rivered and the consensus at the table was that raising pf was a mistake (I kept my mouth shut).

MP2 plays most of his hands and doesn't seem to R to protect one pair hands. Earlier he limped AT in EMP. Flop (5 to flop): T72 rainbow, BB bets and he just calls down all the way

6 limpers to me in the CO and I raise J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

BB calls, limpers call MP1 3 bets and I cap

(24BB)Flop:5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

MP1 bets, MP2 raises, I 3 bet, 1 dude calls, MP1 caps, we both call

(20BB)Turn:9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

checked to MP2 who bets, I call???, everybody calls

(24BB)River:T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

checked to me, and I bet, get two callers and MHIG
Old 11-14-2005, 12:53 PM

Default Re: live hand---overpair in monster pot

What do you put MP1 on if he 3-bets PF after everyone just decided raising PF is a mistake?? After flop action I'm thinking youre beat here....folding an overpair is hard for me too but the action screams higher PP from at least MP1, and if MP2 is raising THAT flop after call-downs with TPTK do you seriously think you have the best hand?

Turn is an autocall unless you still think YHIG...the pot is WAY too big to fold getting 22:1 for your set or flush (even though the flush is probably only good <50%).

I check the river here now that your overpair has turned into the J high flush...you aren't folding anyone in a 24BB pot with a made hand, and the only ranges your hand is good against that even donkeys would usually keep playing here are kings, queens, AK-AQ (all no diamond), or a flopped set (or maybe A3 straight from MP2 that slowed down due to flush on board) that you just rivered. Kings and queens with a diamond aren't folding their flushes here, but probalby arent betting out on the river either if they're donkeys.

Next time don't tell the winner if you want unbiased feedback; I'm expecting these guys to have either ridiculously bad hands or good hands that you sucked out on.

What kind of feedback are you looking for here anyway?

Steve
Old 11-14-2005, 01:31 PM

I posted because I wanted others thoughts on these types of situations where your reads suggest your in trouble but people do donkish [censored] in big pots and you might have the best hand that needs to be protected. Do I play aggressively and hope my reads are off, or do I trust my reads and slow down (even if it might cost me the pot)?

I routinely see guys LRR with any ace, any pair, suited broadways, suited connectors here (too be honest I didn't know much about MP1 and that 77 hand took place a few minutes before). It looks like MP2 has two pair or better but if he just has an overpair and I let some guy in behind me with A8 who would have folded only to have him draw out on me, I will feel pretty stupid. MP2 does donkish stuff sometime so who the f knows. When he bets the turn I know I'm in trouble. If I knew he had two pair, raising might buy me 6 or more outs. Hell, it might even fold the Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I figured I would have to call a 3 bet so raising might not be so smart. I think the river is the easiest value bet in the world.
Old 11-14-2005, 01:43 PM

Hi Walker i think the only street tha is debatable here is the river the rest of the hand looks good. With players still to act on the flop a 3-bet is the only way to go IMO. You call the turn with outs(no one is folding a better diamond or a better hand) and you value bet the river.