Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2005, 02:49 PM

Default Poker Academy programming project - convert HH to PT

Hello -

I think there would be great benefit in getting the Poki Poker Academy Pro hand histories into Poker Tracker. The way to do this would be to convert the hand history text file from Poker Academy to a text file resembling the hand histories from one of the sites compatible with Poker Tracker.

What's stopping me is I have no skills to program a converter. I found a program that uses a Java-lite type language to convert text, www.textgenerator.com; it still demands too much skill for me to use, but it might be a valuable shortcut for someone who has a clue.

Are there any other Poker Academy users out there who would be interested in this? If someone wants to step forward and spend a few hours to do this project it would be much appreciated. If not and there are some other Poki users who would also like this capability leave a note in this thread that you would be willing to give (as I am) a few bucks (maybe around $10 or so) and together we can build some incentive.

What do you think?

regards,

raisins
Old 04-16-2005, 02:52 AM

Default Re: Poker Academy programming project - convert HH to PT

It would be great if this could work in both directions:

1. import PAPro hand histories into PT to add to your online database; and

2. import PT hands into PAPro for replaying and further analysis
Old 04-16-2005, 04:08 AM

Have you tried contacting the people who make PT and Poki first? It'd be a bit better if one or the other implemented this feature in their software.

Anyway, I'm a hobbyist coder and I'd be happy to make a little converter program for you. The thing is I don't own Poki, so I'd need a few sample hand histories to work with. You can send them to the email address in my profile.

-Caeddyn
Old 04-16-2005, 01:52 PM

I don't think it is possible to import a hand already played into Poki. You can assign cards to a hand but you can not declare each card coming down on the board as the computer plays it. This is probably a good thing as it prevents people from using it to play online poker.

regards,

raisins
Old 04-16-2005, 02:03 PM

The forums at both creator's sites have posts from people who would like this feature. The developers of Poker Academy Pro think that PT is free to use their format but that they don't need to mimic an online site's format. Poker Tracker has a wide client base who have requested many features and only a small number of Poki users. When a request for Poki support comes along it doesn't make a ripple.

Thank you for your offer. I am preparing an e-mail with hand histories and a description of the Poki format.

regards,

raisins

P.S. The subject line will have my handle in it. It may be a long e-mail but there will be no attachments.