Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: is the signifigance of this relationship age dependent?
there is little or no correlation between attractiveness and people skills 14 25.00%
attractiveness- P-skills relationship, most signifigant for 26-45 year olds 15 26.79%
attractivness-P-skills relationship, most signifigant for 10-25 year olds 17 30.36%
age does not affect the correlation between attractivness and people skills 9 16.07%
attractiveness- P-skills relationship, most signifigant for 46+ year olds 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-13-2005, 05:28 PM

Default AK first hand - did I screw up?

2-table SNG, everyone is at T1500

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to hero[A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]

UTG folds
UTG+1 folds
MP folds
Hero raises to 120
LP folds
CO folds
Button folds
SB calls 105
BB folds

*** FLOP (270) ***
[2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
SB bets 60
Hero calls 60

*** TURN (390)***
[2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] [A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
SB bets 240
Hero calls 240

*** RIVER (870)***
[2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] [3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]
SB (1080) bets 330
Hero (1080) ???

To me this seems like push or fold, right?
Old 08-13-2005, 05:31 PM

Default Re: AK first hand - did I screw up?

I'll post results later, so you can better answer my question. As I was writing it I realized I just wanted to know how others would play this.
I thought about pushing the turn, but I figured, he was betting, why stop him? I expected him to slow down after my call, so on the river I was confused.
Old 08-13-2005, 05:39 PM

Why not raise the flop? What buy-in is this?
Old 08-13-2005, 06:05 PM

I'ts a $5.50, 2 table. I didn't raise the flop because I didn't want to run into pocket 4s or something.
Bad decision, maybe.
Old 08-13-2005, 06:22 PM

sniff sniff...I smell a bad beat post. You can't get away from this hand, you have to at least call. If you have been outdrawn, that's just poker.
Old 08-13-2005, 06:26 PM

I agree he cant get away on the turn but if the flop bet is raised and hero is reraised he can safely assure hes beat...well most of the time.
Old 08-13-2005, 06:28 PM

I actually like the way you played this hand for the most part. Preflop is good and just calling the flop is good too. Like you said too many things call your raise and you don't have a hand. You could potentially fold, but the bet is just so small. I like your logic on just calling the turn too. He's betting, and if you're beat, then why raise, and if you beat him he's drawing to a few outs. Occassionally he picked up a flush draw and you give him a bad free card, but that's not often. You probably weren't getting him off a weaker kicker, so no worries if he hit that. The problem with your thought process I have is on the river. I see absolutely no reason why this is push or fold and I feel like you might just be saying that because you heard it before. You close the action on the river, how is that push or fold? Now I really don't think you can fold here. A call is good, but at a 5.50 I think a push is better. You will be called by worse hands so often that that is what I would do.
Old 08-13-2005, 06:35 PM

just call...and hope he doesnt turn over a10
Old 08-13-2005, 06:38 PM

That's the kind of insight I was looking for. Now I see it was a mistake not to raise the flop - I could've had some info.
Old 08-13-2005, 06:42 PM

Default Results

Hero raises to 1,080, and is all in
SB calls 750, and is all in

*** SHOW DOWN ***
Hero shows [A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] (two pair, Aces and Twos)
SB shows [2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]] (three of a kind, Twos)
SB wins the pot (3,030) with three of a kind, Twos

IGHN

Don't know if this is exactly a bad beat post, but I was wondering if I made any mistakes I could've avoided. I think raising the flop would've been better, but without the info I would've gained there, I still like pushing - because there are a lot of hands that will call and lose here.