Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2004, 05:23 PM

Default dual monitor issues...

Hello,

I have 2 working 20" monitors. The computer is an emachines T3085, Athlon processor.

My computer came with on board video so there was only one monitor connection. A powerspec Radeon 9200se did not work; the computer restarted every time I changed the resolution from its default of 640x800. It was exchanged for a Mad Dog Multimedia Predator 4000mx. The second monitor would not show up on that card and any jiggle would throw off the picture on the main monitor. My third card is an a powerspec Radeon 7000.

Yes, I still have problems. When I go to properties and then settings to change the resolution, putting both monitors on 1200x1600 causes the picture on the main monitor to break up into horizontal stripes and becomes unuseable, the second monitor starts to flicker. A more minor problem is that the two monitors do not line up in the settings tab, even when they are both set at 1200x1600 (before I hit 'apply') one is a little bit higher than the other. Another minor problem is when the main monitor is on 1200x1600 and the second monitor is some lower resolution that the screenspace of the second monitor is larger than the monitor screen and the cursor and windows are larger on that screen then they would be on a desktop set at the same resolution that did not extend past the monitor.

EDIT: The monitors no longer go on the blink when I set them both to 1200x1600 on the settings tab in properties. They are still not aligned though. When I bring up PokerStars it is the right size on the main monitor but when I move it to the second it fills up the screen. The desktop is about 4 times the size of the screen on the second monitor. I think the problem is when I right click on the second monitor in the settings tab and get a properties menu from ATI with many more tabs, on the displays tab it lists the second monitor as 800x600 and I'm unable to change that. Also, swapping the primary/secondary monitors on that same tab is not working.

I hope that made sense. Much thanks for any help.

regards,

raisins
Old 10-19-2004, 07:50 PM

Default Re: dual monitor issues...

Ok, I'm probably not the guy to give advice, but. Try the drop down arrow under display and select the second monitor. Also see if advanced button then monitor tab, if hide modes that this monitor cannot display is checked, your monitor will not support the resolution you are looking for.

I have a 19" CRT I plug into my notebook that gets 1600x1200 but my notbook only gets 1024x768(I didn't buy it for poker, but next one
will spend the extra $ for the higher resolution)
hope this helps

tobdog
Old 10-19-2004, 11:13 PM

Default Thanks

Hello,

While going over what you pointed out, I got it working.

Thanks for the reply,

raisins
Old 10-20-2004, 12:44 AM

Default Re: Thanks

Thanks...

I'll put down computer repair technition on my resume now.

tobdog