Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Do you like the flesh squeeze?
The flesh squeeze is the dumbest thing for any woman with over 20% Body fat 199 66.11%
Yes, it's odd, but it makes her happy so who cares. 49 16.28%
What are you talking about? 11 3.65%
I don't mind that pop n fresh dough because it doesn't make her look fat to me. 23 7.64%
Yes I love it. Squeeze that fat!! ohh yaaa 19 6.31%
Voters: 301. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-26-2005, 02:07 PM

Default Re: Splitting Rent With GF

50/50 is the correct play.
Old 11-26-2005, 02:48 PM

More pics of that chick pls.
Old 11-26-2005, 03:15 PM

Soma,

I am in a similar situation, but with a very stable GF (ie. no "what-if" contigency for moving out established). I make a lot more than her. I pay 2/3 of the rent/bills, she pays 1/3. But she cooks and cleans a lot, and if she was a lazyshit we'd have issues. But it has worked well so far. I don't think that there is anything wrong with paying more. You're still just getting a discount on your rent anyways.
Old 11-26-2005, 03:49 PM

I've lived w/ my girlfriend for ~3.5 years now. We split everything equally. If you get into "load balancing" then you're going to run into arguments about who's paying their fair share. What if she gets a raise, etc? Then you have to come back to and haggle for who pays what. Just split it down the middle.

If there's something you want, that she can't afford (in our case TiVo), then you can basically say, "Since this particular bill is above and beyond, I'll go ahead and pay it." but you should do your best to keep it 50/50.
Old 11-26-2005, 05:10 PM

First, don't move in with someone you're worried about breaking up with.

Second, if this is for real, both of you put your money into one account and pay all household and joint entertainment expenses out of that account. Also take from that account an allowance for each of you to spend on whatever you want.
Old 11-26-2005, 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Second, if this is for real, both of you put your money into one account and pay all household and joint entertainment expenses out of that account. Also take from that account an allowance for each of you to spend on whatever you want.

[/ QUOTE ]

worst advice ever.
first, he didn't say he was worried about breaking up with her, but it is a pretty good idea to account for the inevitable.

second, they are not married, just shackin up, why would they share accounts, give themselves allowances and the like?
Old 11-26-2005, 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what my girlfriend and I did. We had one account that we were each expected to make deposits into whenever we got paid. Since my gf made a lot more than I did (I was in school and working a crappy job), I wasn't expected to contribute as much as she was, nor was I capable of doing so. Any additional money that was left over was our own to do with as we wanted. Whenever we went out, we alternated who picked up the cheque.

Once I got out of school and landed a decent job, I started paying an equal amount.
Old 11-26-2005, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

worst advice ever.
first, he didn't say he was worried about breaking up with her, but it is a pretty good idea to account for the inevitable.

second, they are not married, just shackin up, why would they share accounts, give themselves allowances and the like?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to clarify when I agreed with Otis...I think getting a joint account is a good idea, but *only* to make deposits for the shared expenses. They should keep all of their other finances totally seperate.
Old 11-26-2005, 06:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not worried about breaking up with her anytime soon. I just want to establish an agreement with her before-hand, so that we don't have to fight with each other over the apartment.

This is totally real. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 11-26-2005, 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Soma,

I am in a similar situation, but with a very stable GF (ie. no "what-if" contigency for moving out established). I make a lot more than her. I pay 2/3 of the rent/bills, she pays 1/3. But she cooks and cleans a lot, and if she was a lazyshit we'd have issues. But it has worked well so far. I don't think that there is anything wrong with paying more. You're still just getting a discount on your rent anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]

In the case that she ends up doing more cleaning/cooking than me, I think I'll offer to pay a little more of the rent/bills. Great idea, thanks.