Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2005, 09:20 PM

Default Re: Party 10/20 SH, Folding a K-high flush?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
utg may have have the a as well.

[/ QUOTE ]
I still think we are good at least 1/6 of the time on the river, if not more. If UTG 3-bets, and MP caps, I would probably fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is going to happen with some frequency, so you need to be good more than 1/6 of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]
only way this happens is when some1 has a SF (or one of them is a complete psychopathic idiot) and that is relatively unlikely given the hand thus far.

FWIW, i still fold.
Old 11-17-2005, 10:29 PM

Why not lead the river here? Also, this makes it easier to fold if its 2 more back to you.
Old 11-17-2005, 10:33 PM

Cold call two here, fold if anyone 3 bets.
Old 11-17-2005, 10:40 PM

You really needed to lead this river, and that would make it much easier.

UTG LAG could be betting with a pretty wide range here, which doesn't necessarily even include a diamond. MP could be raising the Jd or Qd. I think you are good 1/6 here.
Old 11-18-2005, 06:02 AM

Default RESULTS and some thoughts

Flop:
I don't like a check/raise here since I really don't know where I am in the hand. I could have up to 15 outs, but I could also only have 3. (Someone has the Ad and either my K or J dominated.) Also these loose players are not likely to both fold if I try to push them away with aggression.

Turn:
Given my flop play I think this street is easy.

River:
I thought about betting the river, but I thought UTG would be very likely to bet the river even without a flush so I didn't want to wake up and bet. (Might scare MP if he didn't even have a small flush.)

I was expecting MP to call the bet from UTG with a rather weak holding. At this point I could think about a ch/r since MP failed to raise the river. But I doubt I would have raised since getting 3-bet by the LAG would suck. I don't think I could have been able to fold since he is so unpredictable and paying 3 bets to see the showdown when he most likely has the Ad isn't that much fun either.

In the hand I folded the river since I didn't think my hand would be good often enough after the passive player raised. If I had been MP in this hand and raised the river I would have had the Ad 100% of the time. (I would not expect anyone to fold a big diamond so I wouldn't try a raise to drive a better hand out.) If I for example had the Jd in MP I would have called hoping for an overcall with a weaker hand from BB. If MP had been a crazy LAG I guess I would have been forced to call the river though.

Results:
I folded, UTG called. MP showed Ad7h and UTG had 4h5h for a rivered straight [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I still don't know what the correct way to play the hand is, but this is the reason why I played the way I did.

Thoughts?
Old 11-18-2005, 09:07 AM

Default Re: RESULTS and some thoughts

[ QUOTE ]
Flop:
I don't like a check/raise here since I really don't know where I am in the hand. I could have up to 15 outs, but I could also only have 3. (Someone has the Ad and either my K or J dominated.) Also these loose players are not likely to both fold if I try to push them away with aggression.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think is really a bad way to look at it. First, you get no information just by c/c. Second, even loose players will often fold when you c/r the flop and lead the turn. Besides, you should not assume that they have a decent hand themselves, let alone a better draw. You might want to lead the flop, though I like c/r better. But c/c is clearly worst.