Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2005, 05:43 AM

Default slap me or shake my hand or throw me off the site or i dunno

i dont even know if this was smart i knew he would take a shot at it, well i was pretty sure because he seemed the agressive look for weakness type i dunno is this ok or do i bet it out normaly. i was hoping hed turn bet a flush draw and i coudl chek raise but then again if i thought flush a chek is dangerous as u can get. if he dosent fire please somone ease my mind

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (9 handed) converter

CO ($203.55)
Button ($97)
SB ($159.10)
Hero ($138)
UTG ($156.35)
UTG+1 ($147.22)
MP1 ($19)
MP2 ($226.39)
MP3 ($100)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises to $3</font>, MP3 calls $3, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $9</font>, MP2 calls $7, MP3 calls $7.

Flop: ($30.50) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $15</font>, MP2 calls $15, MP3 folds.

Turn: ($60.50) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets $30</font>,hero is all $113in MP2 calls $83.

River: ($173.50) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: $283.50
Old 08-22-2005, 06:47 AM

Default Re: slap me or shake my hand or throw me off the site or i dunno

didnt you retire a month ago? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-22-2005, 08:42 AM

I'd make it $12 preflop and lead for close to full pot on the flop, but that's just my standard. I don't play this high, does that sound too heavy?

Definitely lead the turn hard. I'm not letting anyone draw cheap there. Hope you didn't get flushed.
Old 08-22-2005, 08:52 AM

I make this at least 12 preflop, probably 15.

Pot the flop. Why give 2 people a good price to outdraw you?

Pot to 3/4 pot the turn. If you think he's going to draw, make him pay a price for it.

I don't think it's time to get cute with a check raise. You've risked giving him a free card. Also, the check raise would probably be more effective if you had more behind you.
Old 08-22-2005, 09:37 AM

Personally, suffering from flush-fobia, I would push on the flop hoping to end it right there, though I´m probably denying myself money by playing like that.
Old 08-22-2005, 09:51 AM

if he called that all in with a flush draw then he's pretty bad. Hope it worked out for you and I think you played it fine....can't really fault any of your line since you got all your money in with the nuts.

Some of the advice in this thread is pretty bad (Pushing the flop to shut out draws). I usually play a hand like this by full potting it on every street....maybe slightly overbetting the flop just so the full pot on the turn is really big. Pushing this flop absolutely gets you very little value on a hand like this.
Old 08-22-2005, 10:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if he called that all in with a flush draw then he's pretty bad. Hope it worked out for you and I think you played it fine....can't really fault any of your line since you got all your money in with the nuts.

Some of the advice in this thread is pretty bad (Pushing the flop to shut out draws). I usually play a hand like this by full potting it on every street....maybe slightly overbetting the flop just so the full pot on the turn is really big. Pushing this flop absolutely gets you very little value on a hand like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

definetly. a lot of players shut down if they raised pre and hit their A/K/Q to make the set. if you have a constant image of potting, keep potting. hell i bet he had A2.
Old 08-22-2005, 06:11 PM

I like it, except for the 1/2 pot on the flop. Your read was that he would bet if you checked to him, which he did. As for the people suggesting shutting out the flush draw, why would you want to do that? If he is indeed on a flush draw he only has ~20% chance of outdrawing you on the river, much more profitable to extract not push out. JMO