Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-19-2005, 01:21 AM

Default Leaderboard leader: a $10+1 player?

I just noticed that LangTang123 is number one of the leaderboard. Since I recognized the name I checked in my PT and saw that I played him in the $11s a while ago. So I checked the $11s just now and sure enough, this guy is grinding in a bunch of $11s.

This person(s) must play an insane amount of hours to get 23000 points in half a month playing at this limit.
Old 12-19-2005, 01:36 AM

Default Re: Leaderboard leader: a $10+1 player?

The point of the leaderboard is to play tons and tons of tournies, not tons and tons of high limit tournies. In fact, because points are awards logarithmically relative to the buyin, people could play 150 10+1s a day (say, rather than 125 30+3s a day) and make the same number of points. Obviously the player would be missing out on a ton of money since there isn't a drastic skill difference between the 11s and the 22s.
Old 12-19-2005, 01:38 AM

I've played 55's w/ him.

Have some odd notes on him too.
Old 12-19-2005, 01:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The point of the leaderboard is to play tons and tons of tournies, not tons and tons of high limit tournies. In fact, because points are awards logarithmically relative to the buyin, people could play 150 10+1s a day (say, rather than 125 30+3s a day) and make the same number of points. Obviously the player would be missing out on a ton of money since there isn't a drastic skill difference between the 11s and the 22s.

[/ QUOTE ]

150 10+1's EVERY DAY is unhuman.

This MUST be multiple players playing on one account

or.. more likely.. a bot.

Either way things like this are going to ruin the leaderboard for the rest of us.

Party will take away the 5k first prize if it encourages cheating like this.. IMO
Old 12-19-2005, 01:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Either way things like this are going to ruin the leaderboard for the rest of us.

Party will take away the 5k first prize if it encourages cheating like this.. IMO

[/ QUOTE ]

don't be ridiculous. playing at lower levels also means that you'll be finishing higher in the money more often, so even though you get much less points for an 11, you're getting points more often.

it is not at all unbelievable that someone's grinding out a leaderboard position at the 11s.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

don't be ridiculous. playing at lower levels also means that you'll be finishing higher in the money more often, so even though you get much less points for an 11, you're getting points more often.

it is not at all unbelievable that someone's grinding out a leaderboard position at the 11s.

[/ QUOTE ]

I played 505 11s this month before moving to the 22s. 41% ITM and 21% ROI was worth ~4400 pts. It would take 2868 11s with those stats to reach the 25k points that langthang has. That's a TON of tourneys.

Maybe he's reached ~30% ROI with a heavier distribution of first and seconds. I guess that could knock quite a bit off the number required to hit 25k.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:42 AM

I have played 4 20+2s with him this weekends. he got 1/1/1/7. i have notes on him: "solid"
Old 12-19-2005, 03:01 AM

He may have also have gotten a couple of big MTT cashes, you get a couple thousand points for winning a $10/1.

And yea the points system is kinda messed up, a win at a $10/1 is ~60 pts, while a $215 win is like ~120 pts [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img].

There are a couple of other low buyin players on the leaderboard. I feel jealous. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 12-19-2005, 03:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the most ridiculous post I've ever read.

#1. We have already said he plays more than 10+1's.
#2. Don't be such a freakin conspiracy theorist.