Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2005, 01:22 PM

Default Noob dealer tells me I can\'t see a floor, wtf? semi-rant

Im playing NL and I am heads up in a hand when my opponent moves all-in out of turn on the flop. I sit there in silence for a little while waiting for somebody to say something, obviously he has done something wrong and I am not sure how to handle the situation. But the dealer is sitting there chatting away to seat 9 and the other players stare at me blankly as if Im supposed to call all in or fold to his out of turn push. Seat 7, who is not in the hand mind you, says to me "you got all the options in the world". Apparently he thinks I am allowed to see my opponents hole cards at this point but that seems a little odd...So I ask the dealer if I can see a floor and she refuses! what the hell is that crap? With the pressure of the dealer telling me to make a decision and the other players on my back as well I eventually check muck my cards. Needless to say I was pissed and I regret not knowing how to handle the situation. Im not sure what comments im looking for on here, this may be a semi-rant.I guess you can tell me what youd do in my shoes.
Old 08-11-2005, 01:25 PM

Default Re: Noob dealer tells me I can\'t see a floor, wtf? semi-rant

Don't ask the dealer to call the floor. Just call the floor.
Old 08-11-2005, 01:30 PM

me: "Will you please call the floor?"
dealer: "No."
me: [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] ....... "FLOOOOOOR!"
Old 08-11-2005, 01:32 PM

The dealer does not have the right to refuse to allow you to see the floor.

If you remember who the dealer was, I would go back and complain.
Old 08-11-2005, 01:38 PM

Exactly
Old 08-11-2005, 01:40 PM

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] You always reserve the right to the floor
Old 08-11-2005, 01:49 PM

A. Agree with the others. If the dealer won't, you call the floor. Hold up the game until one shows up.

B. What was the problem?
Proper action should have been: You check, he pushes, you muck. Same difference.
I assume if you got the floor, the dealer would have said you checked, and he bet (I know you didn't, but you know what the dealer was going to say...).
The ruling you wanted? That you could check and he had to check behind you because he had acted out of turn? You wanted a free card?
Old 08-11-2005, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Im playing NL and I am heads up in a hand when my opponent moves all-in out of turn on the flop. I sit there in silence for a little while waiting for somebody to say something, obviously he has done something wrong and I am not sure how to handle the situation. But the dealer is sitting there chatting away to seat 9 and the other players stare at me blankly as if Im supposed to call all in or fold to his out of turn push. Seat 7, who is not in the hand mind you, says to me "you got all the options in the world". Apparently he thinks I am allowed to see my opponents hole cards at this point but that seems a little odd...So I ask the dealer if I can see a floor and she refuses! what the hell is that crap? With the pressure of the dealer telling me to make a decision and the other players on my back as well I eventually check muck my cards. Needless to say I was pissed and I regret not knowing how to handle the situation. Im not sure what comments im looking for on here, this may be a semi-rant.I guess you can tell me what youd do in my shoes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I asked the dealer to call the floor and he said 'nah' and burned and turned the river card. Lets just say I got a little heated after that. As the dealer left he said "thanks a lot man now I have to spend a half hour at the end of my shift filling out paperwork."

Ha! And thanks for breaking the rules and costing me 90 bucks!

Of course he goes over to the next table and bitches to them ahah. My friend was sitting at that table laughing his ass off.
Old 08-11-2005, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
me: "Will you please call the floor?"
dealer: "No."
me: [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] ....... "FLOOOOOOR!"

[/ QUOTE ]

I did exactly that but when he said no he burned and turned the river card and my seemingly friendly opponent angle shot me on the river in the meantime claiming he had the ace for the straight anyhow so don't worry. And I said yeah me too and showed my hand and he said oh actually I had pocket queens and mucked his hand.
Old 08-11-2005, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Never let the other players bug you when you are making a decision. As long as you keep your cards protected, you will be fine. And as others have mentioned, you always have a right to see the floor.