Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: How are you running lately?
So bad I wanna make a thread about it 27 7.40%
Break Even 63 17.26%
Bad 81 22.19%
Average 107 29.32%
Real Hot 26 7.12%
Hot 61 16.71%
Voters: 365. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-21-2005, 10:28 AM

Default Re: Who\'s the [censored]?

I don’t think this needs a whole new thread so I will ask it here: You are stuck in traffic, two lanes, both lanes are moving about the same speed, about 2 mph. But the jackass directly in front of you feels the need to let about 5 or 6 car lengths grow in front of him before he moves. Of course some one from the other lane jumps in front to fill the space. What do you do?
Old 12-21-2005, 10:34 AM

I scream at the idiot in front of me because he's retarded.

I don't understand the point of your question. Its perfectly acceptable for someone from the other line to fill in if someone leaves a gap like that. It shouldn't ever happen because there is no reason to leave such a gap in that situation, but people suck, so it does happen.
Old 12-21-2005, 10:47 AM

Well the question is do you get out of your car and beat the living [censored] out of the farker who is letting eveyone go or not. Basicly I wanted to see if anyone else would do what I did which was get out of the car and tell the guy to farking stay with in a car length of the car in front of him. I know getting out of your car is a big no no on the highway but I was sick of this guy just sitting there.

Would you have done the same? remember this is after many repeated horn blasts.
Old 12-21-2005, 10:57 AM

Sorry, I'm too worried about getting shot to actually get out of my car. Isn't passing on the shoulder an option, if its the highway?
Old 12-21-2005, 11:00 AM

Technicly it was a two line on-ramp so there was no breakdown lane.
Old 12-21-2005, 11:04 AM

You're my hero.
Old 12-21-2005, 11:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
CardSharkCook, two 1/2 mile long lanes would create excessive merging. If you know anything about traffic merging slows down a lanes movement drastically.

It takes longer for 2 1/2 mile lanes to merge into a single lane and continue than a single 2 mile lane.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. People trying to cut in slow everything down to a crawl, that's what annoys me about it.

Also, they cause traffic jams, accidents, and steal social security money from old ladies. They support Al Qaida, Al Sharpton, and alimony. They are against America, baseball, apple pie and sitcom TV.

If you let them cut in front of you, the terrorists win.
Old 12-21-2005, 12:21 PM

One I have never understood:

You are in the right lane and are going to be forced to merge into the left lane. Common sense is to go as far as possible in the right lane before merging.

All the time I see cars merging 15 car lengths before they have to. This makes the left lane longer than it was. I am in the right lane and drive right by that moran to the correct designated merging spot.

Now everyone behind the moran in the left lane has shifted 2 cars back instead of the one car back they should have moved. Plus someone that was behind the moran is now in front of him - me.

So he hurts himself and everyone in the left lane.

Why do people do that? Are they morans?
Old 12-21-2005, 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
CardSharkCook, two 1/2 mile long lanes would create excessive merging. If you know anything about traffic merging slows down a lanes movement drastically.

It takes longer for 2 1/2 mile lanes to merge into a single lane and continue than a single 2 mile lane.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. People trying to cut in slow everything down to a crawl, that's what annoys me about it.

Also, they cause traffic jams, accidents, and steal social security money from old ladies. They support Al Qaida, Al Sharpton, and alimony. They are against America, baseball, apple pie and sitcom TV.

If you let them cut in front of you, the terrorists win.

[/ QUOTE ]

This assumes no one was ever in the other lane. wtf is it there for? If you are in the other lane you stay in it till you have to get out. See my previous post.
Old 12-21-2005, 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This assumes no one was ever in the other lane. wtf is it there for? If you are in the other lane you stay in it till you have to get out. See my previous post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Spot on. There are two lanes for a reason, use them until you cannot anymore. If there is one massive queue in one lane only then a bunch of people have collectively been very stupid.