Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 12-18-2005, 05:53 AM

Default Re: i had a dream last night that the colts went 16-0

Guys,

I think you'll find that things are a lot different in the playoffs when the Pats are playing in Indy, as opposed to below freezing in Foxboro.
Old 12-18-2005, 08:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Guys,

I think you'll find that things are a lot different in the playoffs when the Pats are playing in Indy, as opposed to below freezing in Foxboro.

[/ QUOTE ]

Acknowledged. But this was also said when the Pats had to play the greatest show on turf in the Super Bowl. In Bill we trust.
Old 12-18-2005, 09:03 AM

Toro,

Yeah, I remember that. It's just a very big advantage for cold weather teams - dome teams don't see anything like that, even if they are in a dome.
Old 12-18-2005, 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
up to $50

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-18-2005, 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Guys,

[/ QUOTE ]

Acknowledged. But this was also said when the Pats had to play the greatest show on turf in the Super Bowl. In Bill we trust.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea but Dungy isn't a stubborn cocky mule (Martz) who thinks he can win his way. If things aren't going to plan, he'll change it against the Pats.
Old 12-18-2005, 01:08 PM

What happens when the Jags go into Foxboro and take down the defending champs?
Old 12-18-2005, 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yea but the Colts defense is good too. I really can't see anyone going into Indy and giving the Colts an ass-whipping.

[/ QUOTE ]

no asss whipping. vinatieri fg. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry but all the fg's in the world aren'y going to cover the 6TDs Peyton and co will drop on them

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually 14 fg's would cover 6 TDs (if we include extra points).
Old 12-18-2005, 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Guys,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea but Dungy isn't a stubborn cocky mule (Martz) who thinks he can win his way. If things aren't going to plan, he'll change it against the Pats.

[/ QUOTE ]

and your evidence for this is? the past 2 years, the Pats have played the Colts when their secondary has been banged up, and the Colts have failed to adjust.

look, I don't think anyone is saying that the Colts won't be big favorites IF these 2 teams play in Indy.

but, the Pats are playing much better than earlier in the season. this has a lot to do w/ injuries, and guys (Ellis Hobbs, for instance) getting more experience.

Pats are more than battle tested, and the Colts will be the team w/ all the pressure. an upset would not be completely shocking
Old 12-18-2005, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Guys,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

and your evidence for this is? the past 2 years, the Pats have played the Colts when their secondary has been banged up, and the Colts have failed to adjust.

look, I don't think anyone is saying that the Colts won't be big favorites IF these 2 teams play in Indy.

but, the Pats are playing much better than earlier in the season. this has a lot to do w/ injuries, and guys (Ellis Hobbs, for instance) getting more experience.

Pats are more than battle tested, and the Colts will be the team w/ all the pressure. an upset would not be completely shocking

[/ QUOTE ]

Umm.. my comment was directed toward how the Rams played in the Superbowl. Relax.
Old 12-18-2005, 01:54 PM

Yr a nice guy Mike, but why you gotta be such a player hater? I'm not intrensically a Colts fan, but what they are doing this year is really cool. It's just great sports to have a team go undefeated. Now I can respect you wanting yr team (the Pats) to win. That's cool. But to cheer against a team making an accomplishment like going undefeated... I don't get it.

The people that piss me off: a group of old farts that sit on the sidelines and pop champaign when the last unfeated team loses. I want to see those bitches put in thier place.