Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 12-09-2005, 04:52 PM

Default Re: A Bot That Slow Plays Every Hand

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would hate you forever, you realize the blinds are usually timed in a MTT, don't be a DICK

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you have the wrong idea. He's talking about a program that will wait 28 seconds and then fold your hand while you're in the bathroom. This way you miss the least number of hands possible and don't have to worry about sitting back in. Haven't you ever come back from the BR to see Aces on the screen and the "sit out" button pre-checked and you can't make it in time?

I think its a fantastic idea. I'll often be 10 tabling SnGs when the urge comes up. I usually just let it time out for me - well I try to beat the clock but sometimes life doesn't cooperate.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you missed his point. He was saying that it isn't fair to everyone else at the table who isn't using the bathroom.

[/ QUOTE ]

Life is not fair. It's the internet, it will happen, look out for the man. The program sounds interesting but I would still rather blind out then have to fold hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

So I assume you never complain about stallers, because life isn't fair?

Life may not be fair, but that doesn't mean that you have to hurt nine other people so that you can go to the bathroom.
Old 12-09-2005, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Life may not be fair, but that doesn't mean that you have to hurt nine other people so that you can go to the bathroom.

[/ QUOTE ]

I fail to understand how professional gamblers can be so moral. It is every man for himself is it not.

This utility would be similar to the "disconnect all in" privilege (kinda).

I am currently tinkering with the coding, to ensure that it is not detectable and easily customised for your requirements.

Toi1et
Old 12-09-2005, 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I fail to understand how professional gamblers can be so moral. It is every man for himself is it not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you should accept collusion then right? Well if thats ok, how about bots? Cool.

How about a trojan that sends your hand to my computer? Great.

Why don't you just let me run a program that will crack your passwords to your poker account and neteller? Thanks

Ok in all honestly, people who slowplay constantly take the gamble out of alot of people. Many times they will leave the table. Just cause you didn't want to miss any hands.

Professional gamblers do have some responsibility. They should do thier best to make sure the game runs quickly and honestly.

Melch
Old 12-09-2005, 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Toi1et

[/ QUOTE ]

You misunderstand the difference between a professional gambler and a cheat. Among professional gamblers, it's "every one for themselves within the rules of the game." Among cheats, it's "every one for themselves, rules be damned."

The rules are that while you're away from the game, you get dealt out and get blinded down. Using software to get around that is using software to cheat.

Honestly, it's no great loss to sit out. In fact, if your stack is above average, it's hardly a loss at all to sit out and let the idiots bust each other out. Odds are you won't get deal one of the big money hands, and you might as well dodge the variance while you pee.

Your program, if used by even a moderate number of people, will suck the big one for us all. It will make MANY games go very slowly because there's often one person or another sitting out. It's a cheat that really sucks for the community.

I say don't do it.
Old 12-09-2005, 06:25 PM

This would be very useful for SNG players. I'de be interested.
Old 12-09-2005, 10:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't be interested in it because I have no desire to be a big jerk. Could you write me a program that would autosend a really rude reply to any email I get too?

There are nine other players at the table, show a little consideration.

If you really don't want to miss any hands, sit out before you hit the blinds, then wait till you hit the blinds to jump back in. No problem.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-09-2005, 11:08 PM

Explain the advantage. It's not about morality its about edge. Clear concise terms on why this thing makes me money.
Old 12-10-2005, 04:21 AM

It won't make money, it is a thoroughly dumb idea. When you use this program the fish who are there for action will leave. The other multi-tablers at the table won't even notice you doing it. Result will be a table with a poorer EV. With any luck the result will be a table of nothing but people who use this stupid idea and don't notice that everyone else at the table is their own kind.

Just hit deal-me-out when you're stepping away. The players who are there for fun will appreciate it. When they're happier at the table the professional makes more money. A useful part of making money at poker is keeping it pleasant for the non-pros.
Old 12-10-2005, 06:39 AM

It is obviously not intended for use in a cash game.

In a multi table tourny you will notice that A LOT of people do this waiting game, by hand.

In fact it could save more than 4.5 minutes per round (28secs delay).

In tournies where the BB is 10% of your stack (either the late stages of a multi, or the mid stages of a SnG), you will save 15% of your chips be using this software.

I think you guys need to relax. Lets say I did make the software, the chance of one of the 2,400,000,000.00 poker players out there using it against you is slim.
Old 12-10-2005, 07:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A useful part of making money at poker is keeping it pleasant for the non-pros.

[/ QUOTE ]

good post dragon.