Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-05-2005, 01:07 AM

Default Re: 4 handed 200/400 bellagio hand

[ QUOTE ]
I like the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
haha.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The turn bet/3 bet line is pointless IMO, hes just about never folding better hands. The river line is perfect.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not sure, but i don't think that is the point. How often is he raising with a hand like AK-AJ here for a free SD?
Old 12-05-2005, 03:49 PM

Like others, I would need a read and a reason to 3-bet this preflop.

I like the turn line. It's great for metagame purposes and he'll be hardpressed to calldown with some of the weaker hands he might raise this turn with.

After he 4-bets the turn, I don't see him having a large enough range of hands to justify a check-raise so I just check-call.
Old 12-05-2005, 04:02 PM

Default results

He sat and pondered for about 45 seconds and called with 7's full.

I don't know how you guys can possibly want to call a 3 bet. That's sick bad play vs this player. Maybe you had to be here and play with this guy. Notice he didn't even 3 bet 7's full...and he's never 3 betting the straight either. Ever.

I call with this hand more than I 3 bet out of the blinds but I've been expirimenting with it more and more. It kinda depends how things are giong in the session too.
Old 12-05-2005, 04:08 PM

Default Re: results

[ QUOTE ]

I don't know how you guys can possibly want to call a 3 bet. That's sick bad play vs this player. Maybe you had to be here and play with this guy. Notice he didn't even 3 bet 7's full...and he's never 3 betting the straight either. Ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bk,

Isn't this more reason not to c/r? If he's that careful, isn't there even less value in it? Or do you think there was a reasonable chance he would fold a straight or some other better hand?
Old 12-07-2005, 08:37 PM

Default Re: results

The fact that he took so long to just call with 7's full does not retrospectively mean that you could have automucked if he 3 bet.

Aggressive river play can often mean "monster or nothing" although obviously, that applies more to a river bet than a river 3 bet. But just following my thought for a monent, if the guy can barely muster a call with 7's full here, then when he raises next time in this spot, one could reasonably think that he has the nuts or is actually quite weak i.e. he wont three bet with a middling type hand. Since we hold a 6, he can't have the nuts. So, we call because he might indded be weak. We will probably be wrong and be shown a hand better than trip 6's/ King kicker but we don't have to be right very often.