Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2005, 09:10 PM

Default Re: Result

Maybe it's just me but I'd bet half the pot on that turn card. If he check raises well you have to play poker then and decide if you have implied odds to hit or if you have the best hand. Those who say check I disagree with. People don't bluff alot on paired boards in spots like this.
Old 11-06-2005, 10:46 PM

Default Re: Result

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe it's just me but I'd bet half the pot on that turn card. If he check raises well you have to play poker then and decide if you have implied odds to hit or if you have the best hand. Those who say check I disagree with. People don't bluff alot on paired boards in spots like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

if this was the guy I was playing with the night before, he is very very capable of c/r'ing pot here with better and worse hands.
Old 11-07-2005, 06:12 PM

Default Re: Failing to control the pot size. Did I make that mistake here?

I'm with Rempel on this one. Raise the flop. If he misreads you, or if he has AAxx or KKxx suited to clubs, you might be able to get it all in while you (almost certainly) have a significant advantage.
Old 11-08-2005, 01:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Unless your opponent has a deuce and a 4, or pocket 4s, you have the best hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless he has a 2 with any other card. There is no chance you have the best hand right now if your opponent also has a 2.

I would still push here though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see why everyone wants to shovel in $1500 against a v aggro but good postflop player.
Old 11-08-2005, 03:16 AM

I think it is far more deceptive to raise than to call her. It seems far more likely to me that the villain is betting out with something like a good overpair + flush draw or overpair+straight draw and that he is likely to go with you here if you raise it up.

The stacks are very deep so I can also see just calling the flop. That is not a great turn card though.
Old 11-08-2005, 04:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it is far more deceptive to raise than to call her. It seems far more likely to me that the villain is betting out with something like a good overpair + flush draw or overpair+straight draw and that he is likely to go with you here if you raise it up.

The stacks are very deep so I can also see just calling the flop. That is not a great turn card though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think kyle saw me play multiple hands vs the guy, but he at least to me seemed really willing to play huge pots on the flop (no suprises there) but play turn/river a lot less aggro than his almost maniacal preflop/flop play.
Old 11-08-2005, 04:47 AM

If I was playing the hand and this was the case, I would surely raise the flop then. You are a favorite over 95% of his holdings.
Old 11-08-2005, 12:49 PM

I think people are being too reckless with this hand and 300BB+ stacks.

Call the flop. Let him bluff away at a blank turn. If it blanks and he checks, you bet.

Check behind the turn. Snap off his bluff on the river, if he checks again make a value bet.

I don't see you getting paid here by hands you beat unless you let him lead at the pot. The price you pay for drawing the bluff is risking that he hits a two outer on the river.
I think most importantly though you don't want end up playing a huge pot with the 8 high flush on a paired board.

FWIW, I like the preflop play here alot. If you show this hand you will slow him down alot.
Old 11-08-2005, 02:38 PM

Location: USS George washington, Virgina, 7 months until Los Angeles

[ QUOTE ]
I think people are being too reckless with this hand and 300BB+ stacks.

Call the flop. Let him bluff away at a blank turn. If it blanks and he checks, you bet.

Check behind the turn. Snap off his bluff on the river, if he checks again make a value bet.

I don't see you getting paid here by hands you beat unless you let him lead at the pot. The price you pay for drawing the bluff is risking that he hits a two outer on the river.
I think most importantly though you don't want end up playing a huge pot with the 8 high flush on a paired board.

FWIW, I like the preflop play here alot. If you show this hand you will slow him down alot.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree with this [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-08-2005, 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If you show this hand you will slow him down alot.

[/ QUOTE ]

only part about the advice that was way wrong [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]