Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-22-2005, 12:09 PM

Default How should I adjust my strategy here?

Hi, Recently me and my friends have switched our weekly poker night format from a standard NLHE small stakes cash game to 3 or 4 6 man tournaments. So far I haven't really performed that well in the new format though I am almost certainly the best or second best player in the game. Although theres only a very small sample size I was just wondering what adjustments you think i should make to the current strategy im using. At the moment I follow the standard "How To Beat Partypoker $10+1 Part2" strategy. I am wondering if i should change the strategy due to the few players or due to their extreme passiveness. The format in our home games is this.

Buy In = £1
Players - 6/5 (it varies on who turns up)
Prize allocation - 6 man = 1st = £3, 2nd = £2, 3rd = £1
Prize allocation - 5 man = 1st = £3, 2nd = £2
Blinds go up every 10 mins.
Blind structure - 5/10, 10/20, 15/30, 25/50, 50/100, 75/150, 100/200, 200/300, 300/600, 400/800, 500/1000
Each player starts with t1000.

The players: (apart from myself)
'Pich' - A fairly tight, very aggressive player with some online success under his belt. Plays under Hellmuth's book and trusts initative over 2+2 strategy etc. Bluffs too much imo.
'Sez' - A loose, passive player who never raises preflop. Has basic understanding of some concepts e.g. check raising, slowplaying.
'Scott' - Loose, very passive player who also never raises preflop plays a straightforward game and is afraid of going all in.
'Todge' - Very Loose, passive, again never raising preflop. Sticks with all draws and loves calling all ins with junk.Calls to the end with 2nd or 3rd pair.
'Duke' - Loose, passive. Sticks with all draws til the river unless theres a massive bet before him. Plays pairs/2 pair etc very passively. Calls to the end with 2nd or 3rd pair.

Thats the information i have for you. If any more is required i will happily make it avaliable.

Thanks in advance.