Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2005, 02:59 PM

Default Re: -722BBs over ~90k hands(LC)

whats the rake hu and 3handed? this may be destroying your earn.
Old 11-11-2005, 03:00 PM

What's your name on AP? At this point that site seems to have a 3:1 prop:fish ratio.

Rob
Old 11-11-2005, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

DCW, this might also be part of the reason the other players won't sit down with you. They know it's not worth it with the rake hit.
Old 11-11-2005, 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

DCW, this might also be part of the reason the other players won't sit down with you. They know it's not worth it with the rake hit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well at least 3 i know are scared of me...they told me so [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

the rest of them though, you might be right.
Old 11-11-2005, 03:39 PM

I don't think it's as much a compliment to your HU and 3-handed play as you think it is.

Obviously lots of players don't like playing ultra-short regardlesss of the opponent (even if they don't understand the implications of the rake...they just don't like 2-3 handed play...you see this at live B&M all the time).

It's possible they are partly complimenting you because they don't think you completely suck...so staying in with you HU just isn't worth it. But that doesn't mean they are trembling in fear because of YOU....it's just because they dislike ultra-short.

I sometimes play ultra-short too (either with a super-fish...or maybe waiting for a sitting-out player to perhaps return) and frequently my opponents will just give up and leave.
I don't think my HU play is anything to send my opponent trembling in fear about...but if we are going off of your criteria then evidently I'm more intimidating then I knew...because very often when we get to HU they decide to sit-out and not play against me.

Also - I saw earlier in this thread that you have evidently given up the attempt to induce-tilt through table-chat. Glad to hear this.

I agree with the others that your numbers in the blinds don't look good.
Also agree with others that specific hands might be a good way to identify those leaks...since the gang can only get so far by trying to look at the stats.

It's possible that you are hitting a tough stretch and just aren't catching any breaks...but it's also pretty likely that you are doing something in your hands that is just a plain-old leak...so try to find some of those leaks.

Your methods for trying to change it around (including playing fewer tables and hopefully really focusing) seem good to me.
Old 11-19-2005, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anybody done worse?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.
Old 11-19-2005, 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well at least 3 i know are scared of me...they told me so [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

the rest of them though, you might be right.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are lots of players who are 'scary' shorthanded that play a losing style overall. A lot of players just don't want to fade the variance.
Old 11-19-2005, 05:33 PM

Some observations:

1. Enough with the comments about his SB results because they aren't statistically significant. I had a long run of full ring where I made money off the SB. I'm not a magician it's just variance.

2. Apologies in advance if I'm confusing you with another poster or my memory of details is faulty. You were having something of a rough time in the Party 5/10 6-max. Now you're propping at Absolute Poker where the game selection is very limited. That means guys like me cherry-pick the good games and you have to play the stuff we won't touch. Plus the 3-handed rake structure at AP is murder. What exactly did you expect to happen?

3. On the other hand if your bankroll and you ego can survive I'm sure this will be an extremely good experience for you in the long term.