Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2005, 03:26 PM

Default Trips--largish stacks 1/2

I arrived at the table an orbit or two ago and have been in nearly every pot and won almost them all without showdown. I called a huge PF RR from villain a few hands ago with nothing and stole it on the flop. I did this because I had the sense he had been running over the table before I arrived and was stealing. I am probably viewed as crazy lag/donkey at this point. The turn definitely concerned me. Thoughts?

Online No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (4 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

<font color="#C00000">UTG Villain ($494.15)</font>
Button ($191.50)
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($312)</font>
BB ($98)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG Villain calls $2, Button calls $2, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($8) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Villain bets $4</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $12</font>, BB folds, Villain calls $8.

Turn: ($32) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $16</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Villain raises to $32</font>, Hero calls $16.

River: ($96) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Villain bets $75</font>, Hero calls $75.

Final Pot: $246
Old 12-06-2005, 03:28 PM

Default Re: Trips--largish stacks 1/2

I don't really like checkraising in limped pots with hands like this.
Old 12-06-2005, 03:29 PM

If your going to check the flop, don't CR, just call.

But i would rather just lead like whenever u have a 5 or when u have a small pp.

your probably beat by the river thou
Old 12-06-2005, 03:48 PM

I agree completely, and normally wouldn't. I did it to add to my full of it lag image and wanted to make it look like another steal attempt. I've been stealing tons--&gt; I don't think he'll give me credit for trips here, esp after C/R. Most bad lags at this level habitually slowplay strong hands and he must be thinking I'm a bad lag at this point.
Old 12-06-2005, 04:23 PM

I lead flop. I win alot of small pots. Its good.
If he smooth calls, I lead again and I keep leading until I face resistance. It amazing how often they call with KQ on a 55K board.
Old 12-06-2005, 04:31 PM

At the turn you've got $30 invested in this hand. With villains raise there is now $80 giving you 5-1 on your call. Except you know there is more to come. Its not a $16 call it's a $91 call. So you've got to invest another $91 to protect the $30 you've already invested.

On the other hand, given your "wild and crazy guy" image villain could easily have Ad5d and think you've got air and he's got you beat. I think if I was villain and hit my str8 I'd smoothcall and push the river to look like a bluff.

I suspect you're good and villain can't believe you actually have a made hand. It's just like those damn maniacs. They always seem to have the goods when you try to push back.
Old 12-06-2005, 07:28 PM

Default Results

Thanks for the replies. He showed 76 for the turned boat.