Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2005, 10:50 PM

Default Re: a test (don\'t bother reading this one)

[ QUOTE ]
I believe this thread is now out of our human control and has been designated by the Poker Theorist Authorities as essential in delivering it's divine message. The trouble is, we have, at this point, no idea what this message is or who will deliver it.

I am sure (although I cannot reveal WHY I am sure) we are expected to find the purpose on our own and will be rewarded in terms of divine poker knowledge when we, as mere mortals, unlock the intentions through our replies.

I suggest, therefore, we refrain from OOT type responses, silly poems (did I do that?), and general support for the thread because the thread exists and instead consider the higher intent of this magnificent communication vehicle (the thread) by contemplating it's true meaning and, and, and, and, and, and.......damn, I just lost my train of thought.

What the Hell was I thinking?

Onaflag..........

[/ QUOTE ]

i think this is an excellent idea, you have just found a solid preflop strategy
Old 05-02-2005, 02:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I believe this thread is now out of our human control and has been designated by the Poker Theorist Authorities as essential in delivering it's divine message. The trouble is, we have, at this point, no idea what this message is or who will deliver it.

I am sure (although I cannot reveal WHY I am sure) we are expected to find the purpose on our own and will be rewarded in terms of divine poker knowledge when we, as mere mortals, unlock the intentions through our replies.

I suggest, therefore, we refrain from OOT type responses, silly poems (did I do that?), and general support for the thread because the thread exists and instead consider the higher intent of this magnificent communication vehicle (the thread) by contemplating it's true meaning and, and, and, and, and, and.......damn, I just lost my train of thought.

What the Hell was I thinking?

Onaflag..........

[/ QUOTE ]

You're absolutely right. There's a deeper meaning in here. I think the answer to our problems lies with getting David Sklansky himself to respond to this thread, only then will we have acheived true poker nivana.
Old 05-02-2005, 02:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
...acheived true poker nivana.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your spelling makes me want to bump.

-ptmusic
Old 05-02-2005, 09:56 AM

i will be the first to attempt to traverse this divine path of poker philosophy

think back to the first time we all played poker for money:

1-9 other guys voluntarily welcomed us to play them. now this says something, it is saying "we will let you play because we think we can beat you"

so if we knew what was good for us we would take their word for it and just not play, but did we? no

just as the OP has said "don't bother reading this", we read this

so in this thread burried somewhere lies the reason we all began poker, something we need to discover. and it's not just doing what we're told not too, i believe it's something deeper

and i will let others elaborate
Old 05-03-2005, 04:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i will be the first to attempt to traverse this divine path of poker philosophy

think back to the first time we all played poker for money:

1-9 other guys voluntarily welcomed us to play them. now this says something, it is saying "we will let you play because we think we can beat you"

so if we knew what was good for us we would take their word for it and just not play, but did we? no

just as the OP has said "don't bother reading this", we read this

so in this thread burried somewhere lies the reason we all began poker, something we need to discover. and it's not just doing what we're told not too, i believe it's something deeper

and i will let others elaborate

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoa, this almost broke my head. How would YOU feel about brain matter splattered all over your ceiling? Me too. That's why I read it slowly. That way, nothing intense will affect my brainular equilibrium too quickly thereby avoiding the dreaded headburst.

That said, I do in fact remember the first time I played for real money. I don't remember who it was with or whether the money was in fact negotiable, but to kids, what does it matter? Now that I think about it, were we kids at all? Could that have been a movie I saw that now phucks with my brains memory allocation? Speaking of that, what gets allocated doesn't always get shared. Would you disagree?

Think about that for a second (and no longer). You get allocated "x" number of pocket aces during your lifetime. What if you get X-10? Who got the extras? Did they make money over their lifetime?

What if you got X+10? Are you going to heaven by default just because you're lucky? I think not. I believe X+10 is a curse in a blessing's disguise. Overconfidence leads to cruelty. Cruelty is obviously a sin. So is doing the neighbor's daughter, but that's on another board.

The thing I'm trying to say is this: Never think that what hasn't been proven isn't provable. Think about this.

Onaflag...........
Old 05-03-2005, 10:29 PM

Hey, I had to go to the store. Miss anything??
Old 05-04-2005, 12:39 AM

Ring ring ring ring ring ring ring ring ring banana phone...
Old 05-04-2005, 05:27 PM

I know I'm a newbie and all but I'm not all that impressed Effin. According to my PST* database, I am averaging 79 PP/100 over my last 26 posts. I know my sample size is small, but I really think I can maintain this rate and - who knows - maybe even increase it. I realize that some of the long time posters here claim that PP/100 above 50 is unsustainable, but I think my stats indicate they are wrong. Or maybe I'm just a natural. I welcome your thoughts and opinions.

*If you aren't familiar with it, PostTracker is relatively new software and is a fantastic tool for pinpointing any leaks you might have in your current posting strategies (www.posttracker.com ). Of course, PP is your Pointless Posts/100. It is usually recorded as PP/100, but PP/hr is also a useful stat to track. It depends on your question which one is better to use.
Old 05-04-2005, 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know I'm a newbie and all but I'm not all that impressed Effin. According to my PST* database, I am averaging 79 PP/100 over my last 26 posts. I know my sample size is small, but I really think I can maintain this rate and - who knows - maybe even increase it. I realize that some of the long time posters here claim that PP/100 above 50 is unsustainable, but I think my stats indicate they are wrong. Or maybe I'm just a natural. I welcome your thoughts and opinions.

*If you aren't familiar with it, PostTracker is relatively new software and is a fantastic tool for pinpointing any leaks you might have in your current posting strategies (www.posttracker.com ). Of course, PP is your Pointless Posts/100. It is usually recorded as PP/100, but PP/hr is also a useful stat to track. It depends on your question which one is better to use.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for saving this thread from deviating into seriousness.

-ptmusic
Old 05-04-2005, 08:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
...acheived true poker nivana.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your spelling makes me want to bump.

-ptmusic

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, I suck. Nivana should be a new word to describe this thread.
Closed Thread