Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software

Old 12-13-2005, 08:57 PM

Default Auto remember & resize util for party beta

I wrote this litle utility for myself, so that the new beta will <font color="red">remember</font> our customized table sizes.

By using this utility, a fixed custom table dimension (eg: 512x387) can be set and thereafter ALL tables will then always auto-resize to these dimensions automatically (if you use the 'fix-dimensions checkbox').

Still maybee buggy and currently it cant save the custom dimensions to disk, so they have to be setup each time the app is reloaded, but maybee it will be of help to some one here...

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

NOTE: For suggestions, bug reports, etc... post in this thread or email me: jukofyork [at] yahoo [dot] C.O.M.
Old 12-13-2005, 09:06 PM

Default Re: Auto remember & resize util for party beta

I clicked it and it just brings me back to this page (Firefox).
Old 12-13-2005, 09:10 PM

It does with IE too. Right click and Save As works.
Old 12-13-2005, 09:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I clicked it and it just brings me back to this page (Firefox).

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-13-2005, 10:40 PM

Sry, it does same for me too... i not sure why, but using 'save as' works for me (IE, not sure on firefox)?

Try here and see if the download link works their (I have tried removing all the spaces from the name to see if this helps).

If anybody has problems still then just copy and paste either of these url's into your browser:

http://www.freewebs.com/jukofyork/Pa...r%20(v0.1).zip

or

http://www.freewebs.com/jukofyork/Pa...sizer_v0.1.zip

Old 12-14-2005, 01:04 AM

Is anybody having any luck with this program?

I only wrote it this afternoon, but so far it seems to be working fine and is auto-resizing all windows (only small bug is when you try to leave the table, the dialog box where party asks "do you really want" to leave auto resizes by accident - this is caused by the way I detect party windows via the "Table " prefix in the title - easy to fix later...).

I have had it running for about 2 hours 10 tabling (in 1024x768) with both 'Multi-table-helper' (by orca) and with PlayerView [with a custom mini overlay layout] at the same time (I dont have PAH, but I guess I should get from reviews... can anyone test it with PAH to see it works ok?).
<font color="green">
One thing that may help peeps trying the beta, is that in the process of today I worked out that this beta is basically 'blitting' a layer or layers of the original party window (blitting is basically moving around bitmaps/images in memory...), but I THINK it is using raw GDI windows code for this (no harware aceleration); meaning that there is alot of bitmaps being moved about.
</font><font color="red">
For ME, simply using 16bit colour rather than 32bit colour has significantly improved the performance of party beta. It now is using about 1/2 the CPU time it was before, as I guess now it is blitting 16bpp rather than 32bpp. Possibly this could help others gain a performance increase too [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
</font>
Old 12-14-2005, 06:23 PM

Default v0.2

After some feedback v0.2 is now available here

The way the dimensions are chosen is now based on the top-left-most window (see instructions in the new exe...).

NOTE: I have provided the full source (even though it is very hacked temp project... the source will compile under VC6 and .NET (if workspace is converted) - I have done this only to prove this is not malware, etc...

The code is for use at owner's risk and if anybody wants they can use/steal any of my code without permision - I wrote this app to help myself and only provided bc I thought may help others, so feel free to do as u wish with it...

Old 12-17-2005, 06:17 PM

Default Version 3a - Should be able to resize differently on multiple monitors

After some more feedback, I have created a version of auto-resizer which *should* work on multiple monitors, using differnt default sizes on each monitor.

See this thread:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...Number=4220921

The util (along with the source) can be found at (look for version 3a link):

http://www.freewebs.com/jukofyork/Pa...20Resizer.html

But again as mentioned in the other thread, I cannot test this on my system, so any feedback about this alteration would be very appriciated [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-17-2005, 07:06 PM

Default Re: Version 3a - Should be able to resize differently on multiple monitors

Ok, after some feedback, 0.3a is NOT working as expected (and as expected by me - it is hard to write code that I cannot test on my system, but try and try again...) [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Version 0.3b (here) should fix the problem, but again need some feedback... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-17-2005, 10:29 PM

Default v0.3c + Main Page\'s Intructions Updated

Please note that version 0.3c will still work with miltiple displays, but the code which attempted to auto-resize to different sized tables on dual monitors has been disabled. I do not have a dual monitor setup, so it it just too hard to debug potential problems.

I do not have a great deal of spare time, so most likely version 0.3c will be the last, unless any further bug-fixes are needed (It does now seem that Auto-Resizer is quite stable, and works fine with MTH and PV [no feedback from anyone using PAH yet]). If anybody does have a dual monitor setup, then they are welcome to re-use any of my code or ideas (without credit...) to attempt to resize windows differently for each monitor (see zipfile for sourcecode).

I have also, updated both the instructions within the program and the instructions on the main page and fixed the url for people who are using firefox:

http://www.freewebs.com/jukofyork/Pa...w_Resizer.html