Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2005, 11:51 AM

Default 20/40 AJs Borgata

20/40 Borgata

utg has just come over from the must-move table and immediately raises

folded to mp2, who is tilting quite badly and getting shortstacked (lost 3 pots in a row and on the last 2 got caught overplaying a baby flush and betting an underpair to the board), who immediately 3 bets

all fold to me, in the big blind, and i look down and see AsJs and call; utg calls

flop comes Ah Ks 7d

i check, utg bets, mp2 raises, i reraise, utg calls, mp2 caps, i/utg both call

turn is 6s (Ah Ks 7d)

I check, utg checks, mp2 bets, I raise, utg reraises, mp2 caps, I/utg call

river is Jc (Ah Ks 7d 6s)

I check, utg bets, mp2 raises all in for $25 more, I call and utg reraises, I call

thoughts on all streets appreciated
Old 12-12-2005, 12:03 PM

Default Re: 20/40 AJs Borgata

You got the action wrong, you called two cold on the flop and I (utg) made it 3, you both called.
On the turn, you checked, i bet, mp raised, you called two cold, i made it 3, mp made it 4 and you called two more.

Old 12-12-2005, 12:04 PM

Wow, what a hand. I don't think you can lay this down, but [censored].
Old 12-12-2005, 12:07 PM

my apologies - if that's correct, then mp2 capped the flop and I called
Old 12-12-2005, 12:17 PM

If UTG just sat down I think it is safe to assume he does not know the other player is tilting. In that case I think you have to lay this down on the turn.

I might check/3 bet the flop to get the most information out of UTG. If he caps I maybe peel for the turn but it looks like you lost to KK.
Old 12-12-2005, 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If UTG just sat down I think it is safe to assume he does not know the other player is tilting. In that case I think you have to lay this down on the turn.

I might check/3 bet the flop to get the most information out of UTG. If he caps I maybe peel for the turn but it looks like you lost to KK.

[/ QUOTE ]

He picked up a flush draw on turn, I don't think he can fold there. Fold on the river is very safe though for the reason you said - I just sat down and have no idea if MP is tilting or not.
Old 12-12-2005, 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Even with the spade draw?
Old 12-12-2005, 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He picked up a flush draw on turn, I don't think he can fold there. Fold on the river is very safe though for the reason you said - I just sat down and have no idea if MP is tilting or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoops!

Yeah, definatly fold this river.
Old 12-12-2005, 01:05 PM

With so much confusion as to who actually did the betting and raising the correct play could be almost anything. But, if you're going to check the flop I think it's a 3-bet or fold situation. Either way your stuck once the spade hits on the turn.

The river reraise into a dry side-pot should send off alarm bells. But, in all honesty, with a non-spade river you should not have put one more chip in the pot.
Old 12-12-2005, 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The river reraise into a dry side-pot should send off alarm bells. But, in all honesty, with a non-spade river you should not have put one more chip in the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will say that in general you have to discount aggression significantly when the pot is protected on the river. You'll see guys try to push you out with the idea that they have the all-in beat but maybe you're ahead somehow and investing in aggression on the river could pay off with a huge scoop. Not necessarily in this particular hand, but in general.