Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-28-2005, 10:30 PM

Default KK played very weak

Need some thoughts on this one...Yuck.

Pacific poker .. $25NL .10/25 blinds, 8 handed
Hero has $45
Villain has about $33

Hero is dealt: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in LP
4 limpers
Hero raises to $2
MP calls, rest fold.

Flop: ($5) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
MP checks
Hero bets $4
MP calls

Turn: ($13) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
MP leads for $2.50
Hero calls

River: ($18): T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Villain pushes all in (about $13 more)
Hero folds.

Thoughts? This felt very weak, and I felt uncomfortable against one of the larger stacks.

Preflop:
Standard

Flop:
After he checked and I bet 3/4 pot, he called immediately

Turn:
What's with his small bet here? Raise and see where am at? I think my call here was awful.

River:
Given the action, do I have to call this?

Man was this a stupid hand.
Old 12-28-2005, 10:36 PM

Default my thoughts

My thought after the flop came was this:

What hand calls a $2 raise preflop, checks and then calls my flop bet.

It felt a lot like a pocket pair to me, which may have hit the set. Of course, I suppose there was always the chance that he was initially holding something like 99,TT,JJ.

How many people here with just 2 broadways will call a $4 bet there?

...hmmmm
Old 12-29-2005, 01:05 PM

Default bump

no responses?
Old 12-29-2005, 01:09 PM

Default Re: KK played very weak

On that site I am backing KK with my stack every time even if an A hits the flop. You will see all sorts of nonsense hands from these Pacific donkeys. Push the turn and watch him call you with 56o. JMO
Old 12-29-2005, 01:09 PM

Default Re: bump

Here's a response. Ew.

Raise villian's ridiculous turn lead to $15.

Looks like he a) backdoored a flush, b) bluffed you off a much better hand, or c) had AT and thought it was best. Any way you look at it, you played this hand like my avatar.
Old 12-29-2005, 01:12 PM

Default Re: KK played very weak

Did the 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] improve his hand? Well, unless he has 87, you don't care. He is acting like his hand improved & is now better than yours; he looks like he wants a raise. If he really had 87, wouldn't he check-raise instead to get max value?

I don't buy it. I think he's on a draw still, and he's trying to make it look like you're beat. He could have 87 or even a set, but usually I think he has hearts, a pair + a diamond or heart draw, or even just an ace. I push the turn. If the board were rainbow on the turn, I wouldn't need to push. But the board is fairly dangerous, so no slowplaying here.

I think there's a very good chance you were outplayed on this hand. Happens to us all.
Old 12-29-2005, 01:31 PM

Default yes, i\'m a donkey

Yes, this is one of the worst hands I've played in a long time. For some reason it really felt like he had a set to me...but I don't know why.

As for whoever asked about the last $13.... that's how much he had left. I was probably wrong about his initial stack size.

So consensus is simply raise the turn? What's the plan if he calls? Just call any bet on the river?
Old 12-29-2005, 01:34 PM

Default another thought...small bets

When people put those small bets out there, and the board isn't showing any monster possibilities (except sets), are they usually just trying to control the pot and keep their draw hands going?

It seems that in the last few months, people have become obsesses with the small bets for some reason.