Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-18-2005, 01:56 PM

Default Another odd one

SB is a psycho 53/2/3 over 100 hands (thats right, AG level above PRF). He has made some crazy bluffs, and is an overall really bad player. The other guy is unknown, but is starting to look like he has TAG stats.

I was going to raise the turn, but given how things developed, I figured a call might be best.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

River: (12.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 15.50 BB
Old 12-18-2005, 03:10 PM

Default Re: Another odd one

looks like utg has a weaker ace, given your description of SB i like.
Old 12-18-2005, 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
looks like utg has a weaker ace, given your description of SB i like.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree.
Old 12-18-2005, 08:23 PM

i raise the river here sometimes, really depends on the player, but i think pleanty of people simply aren't giving up on an ace at this point for one more bet even when they're 100% certain to be beat.
Old 12-19-2005, 12:03 AM

I would've raised the flop. If UTG is TAGish, he's capping any A that beats you pf, and he's not raising A5 or A4 UTG. Make SB pay 2 with his weaker A or whatever he has. I can see waiting for the turn to raise, but I don't like it witht the board being A54 as SB could have anything and we don't want to give him good odds to draw to a possible gutter or 2pair/trips.

The rest plays differntly from there.
Old 12-19-2005, 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would've raised the flop. If UTG is TAGish, he's capping any A that beats you pf, and he's not raising A5 or A4 UTG. Make SB pay 2 with his weaker A or whatever he has. I can see waiting for the turn to raise, but I don't like it witht the board being A54 as SB could have anything and we don't want to give him good odds to draw to a possible gutter or 2pair/trips.

The rest plays differntly from there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was calling the flop because I thought SB had virtually 0 outs, and wanted to keep him in to make a second best hand. I was planning on raising the turn, but the action kinda confused me, so I just called. I am not worried about UTG at all, and I think my hand is extremely powerful.
Old 12-19-2005, 04:23 AM

I raise the flop. If he's calling you it's beacuse he has some kind of out to chase. I don't like people having outs in my pots. The pot's fairly big on the flop already, and you're technically protecting a pot even larger than that, since UTG should pay you a few more bets when you've got a ton of equity. I think protecting your hand in tiny pots is over-rated dogma, but once they get passed that 4-5SB mark there's really no excuse for it. Protect your hand.

On the turn who knows.