Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 12-08-2005, 09:33 PM

Default KK gets on paired board gets CRed on turn.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero ???

No reads here.

This situation is common enough, and if you call the turn you have to call river.

They both limped in EP, so paired J is scarier than if it was paired 5, say. And only one of then needs to have it. One CRed the other called.

But I've seen people pop with with FD before at this level, especially if the board is scary. Getting 10:1 on the call.

is this a coin flip?
Old 12-08-2005, 09:58 PM

Default Re: KK gets on paired board gets CRed on turn.

i hate ... HATE being C/R on the turn.

The presence of a flush draw ... + the fact that the flop is scary for a lot PF-raising ranges makes this an ok place to c/r-bluff and, as a result, I would call down bearing no reads.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:11 PM

I'm thinking slowplayed trips at this point.

You have 2 outs against the trips. I would check this down. There's too many times that this could simply mean 2-pair for me to fold this. Plus, if you raise/folded on the turn, it would be ugly. You have to call 1 bet to see the river, and you can make your descion there. (Your right though, you will need 2 bets generally to see it to the end)

Crovax
Old 12-08-2005, 10:13 PM

Yeah, i can't fold this yet, and UTG+1's money pads the pot and makes calling less bad.

I'm treading lightly on the river, especially if it's a black card.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would check this down. There's too many times that this could simply mean 2-pair for me to fold this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would love to be checkraised by someone who thinks he just made a meaningful 2-pair. Just once [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]