Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud

View Poll Results: What is your average Hourly Rate?
$51-75 5 5.81%
$76+ 16 18.60%
$31-50 19 22.09%
$11-20 16 18.60%
$21-30 19 22.09%
$10> 11 12.79%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-28-2005, 07:38 PM

Default Re: Split the Stud Forum?

One of the main reasons I like the forum in its current format is the ability to learn from a lot of experienced players. My first stud post (with an appalling 3rd street play) was castigated by numerous volume posters on this board, and the advice I have received since has been invaluable (with special mentions to AndyB who always seems to take time to answer even my most inane questions, and bigredlemon who PMd me after seeing me play horribly on Party which taught me a big lesson!.

my first post

In the 6 motnhs since then I have built my roll up and am now playing 3/6 and that would not have been possible without this forum, and I fear a low limit stud forum will just not get enough answers going. And without this forum then I would not have been able to win hands like this which was my biggest ever pot tonight, so if I ever meet any of you in real life I'll be buying you several beers!

7 Card Stud High-Low ($3/$6), Ante $0.25, Bring-In $1 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.58 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 3: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 5: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls

4th Street - (5.58 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 3: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___folds

5th Street - (4.79 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets___raises $6 to $18 and is all-in
Seat 3: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls___calls___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls___calls___calls
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___raises___raises

6th Street - (19.79 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___all-in
Seat 3: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises

River - (25.79 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___all-in
Seat 3: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___bets___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___calls___calls
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises

Total pot: (31.79 BB)

Results:
Total pot $190.75 Main pot $97.75. Side pot $90. | Rake $3

Seat 2: [9d 9s 9c Js Td 2d Kd] (HI: three of a kind, Nines)

Seat 3: [3s 5d 6s 4s Qd Qc 4c]

Seat 4: [7d 5s 4h Ad 7c 8d 5c]

Hero: [4d 3d 5h 7h 6h 2c Jh] (HI: a straight, Three to Seven; LO: 6,5,4,3,2)
Old 12-28-2005, 07:56 PM

if anything, split high and high/low.
Old 12-28-2005, 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if anything, split high and high/low.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-28-2005, 09:33 PM

I don't think there is enough traffic to warrant a split. There is a separate forum where the moderators discuss things like the splitting of forums. I'm pretty sure that the forums won't get split unless I bring it up, and I won't be bringing it up any time soon.

If the forums were to be split, it would be into stud and stud/8. There just aren't enough high-limit posts to warrant a separate section for those.
Old 12-29-2005, 03:55 AM

How about a Hi-Lo poker forum.
Old 12-29-2005, 04:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There is a separate forum where the moderators discuss things like the splitting of forums. I'm pretty sure that the forums won't get split unless I bring it up, and I won't be bringing it up any time soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if we brought it up, I'd estimate the chances of Mat agreeing to it as zero.
Old 12-29-2005, 04:23 AM

This is a really great forum,imo.Like a wise man said one time,"if it ain't broke,don't fix it"
Old 12-29-2005, 06:31 PM

Sure would unclutter the posts, if stud/8 had its own section. The two games are night and day. Just becuase they both give 7 cards to the player doesn't mean they are in any way similar. The strategy and hand selection is night and day. Let's honor the game of stud/8 by giving it its own place in the spotlight.