Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back

Old 12-27-2005, 11:14 AM

Default calculating MGR on pokerroom skins

Ok I know it's contributed rake here, and AFAIK there is no easy way to lookup what your MGR should be through pokertracker. Is there some way to guesstimate?

my affiliate is reporting about 1/4 of what is showing up under Total Rake from PT. I don't really see how it could be that low??
Old 12-27-2005, 12:19 PM

Default Re: calculating MGR on pokerroom skins

I'm at BetOnBet (pokerroom skin) and in their cashier they report my rake and its equal to the amount stated in pokertracker at the general tab. That makes me wonder if BetOnBet calculates different than other pokerroom skins since the rake at the general tab in pokertracker is from the pots i won, thus not contributed rake.....
Old 12-27-2005, 12:42 PM

Does anyone know which Pokerroom/skins are not calculated by contributed rake?
Just curious how Eurobet is going to be calculated since I have been putting in a ton of hands there this month.
Old 12-27-2005, 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone know which Pokerroom/skins are not calculated by contributed rake?
Just curious how Eurobet is going to be calculated since I have been putting in a ton of hands there this month.

[/ QUOTE ]
It seems completely impractical for MGR to be computed different ways by different rooms on the same network.

The network is dividing up the rake among the rooms represented in a pot. If a Hollywood player and a Bayou player go heads up in a 5-player game, the network cannot give 50% of the rake to Hollywood (contributed method), 50% to Bayou (contributed method), and 20% each to Eurobet, PokerRoom, and Holdem Poker (Party method). It wouldn't add up. There has to be a uniform method of computing MGR for everyone.
Old 12-27-2005, 03:50 PM

The OnGame network pays its skins based on contributed rake, therefore it is impossible to get a rakeback deal based on attributed rake.