Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-25-2005, 11:16 PM

Default Turn decision...

Button is solid.
UTG is loose and a bit fishy.

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero...
Old 12-25-2005, 11:24 PM

Default Re: Turn decision...

I am still relatively inexperienced compared to the many regular posters on this forum, so maybe one of them would like to explain why they wouldn't fold this hand, especially given that the button is solid. I am not being sarcastic, to me this is a clear fold. Am I too tight?
Old 12-25-2005, 11:34 PM

I fold. Your outs to the straight are probably your only ones and I can see the button holding a fullhouse.
Old 12-25-2005, 11:34 PM

you are ending the action getting 10-1. you need ~4 outs to make this call. You have 4 J's to the straight, so calling is easy. Your K and Q are tainted since they may complete a straight so they aren't a full 6 but probably more than 2. Keep in mind UTG cold called the flop so be careful if you river top pair, it may complete his draw.
Old 12-25-2005, 11:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am still relatively inexperienced compared to the many regular posters on this forum, so maybe one of them would like to explain why they wouldn't fold this hand, especially given that the button is solid. I am not being sarcastic, to me this is a clear fold. Am I too tight?

[/ QUOTE ]

There are 4 outs for the J and you can make a case for 6 more outs for the K and Q if you think they are playing a pair/two pair. If you think you have 10 outs, its a call with the pot size. Puting 1BB into 8BB to win 1 in 5 times.
Old 12-25-2005, 11:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I fold. Your outs to the straight are probably your only ones and I can see the button holding a fullhouse.

[/ QUOTE ]
i think this is a little weak tight in this situation. The pot is very big, you dont need to worry about getting reraised, and you have a good draw with enough outs to continue. The button may have a full house, but TP or two pair that we can counterfeit are likely as well. If you always fear the worst in big pots you will miss out on a lot of money. Keep the fit or fold thinking to the small pots.
Old 12-25-2005, 11:38 PM

What hands does a 'solid' Button have here?
Old 12-25-2005, 11:41 PM

Got it. Thanks!
Old 12-25-2005, 11:43 PM

[quote If you always fear the worst in big pots you will miss out on a lot of money. Keep the fit or fold thinking to the small pots.

[/ QUOTE ] Good advice. thanks.
Old 12-25-2005, 11:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What hands does a 'solid' Button have here?

[/ QUOTE ]

I change my mind! Calling is best. If your J hits you can probably squeeze out a few more bets to give yourself some implied odds. No one is playing like they have a monster except maybe the fish. But hes a fish so he can have anything.

Button: I see A10, A9, 910, A2,