Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 12-10-2005, 10:10 PM

Default Why are people raising preflop on the PP bad beat tables?

Doesnt this seem retarded? You want the most amount of people playing as it increases the chances of someone hitting.

Sometimes I am amazed at the amount of stupidity on PP.
Old 12-10-2005, 10:30 PM

Default Re: Why are people raising preflop on the PP bad beat tables?

The chances of winning a bad beat jackpot? Extremely low.

The chances of winning money off the dopes that play on bad beat jackpot tables? Extremely high.
Old 12-10-2005, 10:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Doesnt this seem retarded? You want the most amount of people playing as it increases the chances of someone hitting.

Sometimes I am amazed at the amount of stupidity that comes out of my mouth in a forum that I said I'd never come back to.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 12-10-2005, 10:43 PM

Playing on the BBJ Tables for the BBJ is stupid. You play there for the amazing BBJ fish.
Old 12-10-2005, 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not intended as a flame, although you will surely take it as such. The fact that you made this post, and actually think that raising preflop on the bbj tables is "stupid" indicates that you really really really do not understand the game of poker, or even how to gamble in a +EV way online. This is why you think it is rigged.
Old 12-10-2005, 11:02 PM

This is mostly what I thought as well.
That this logic just shows a gross misunderstanding of poker.

We had a discussion about this type of thing in the B&M forum a while back too.
I played at a 7-card stud table while waiting for a Hold-em seat to open up (in Tunica) and there was one lady there who was playing JUST for the bad-beat (because on 7-stud it was getting pretty high) and she would berate anyone who raised on any street and ask them "Don't you want to win the jackpot?? I know I do. Guess you don't care about the jackpot." (etc etc etc). Naturally I kept raising when I felt it was appropriate and she was getting pretty fed-up with me...but the feelings were mutual.

It does bring up a semi-interesting point though.
I suspect there actually IS a point where the BBJ is high enough where no raising as a group would be mostly correct.
I suspect the jackpot would have to be about a million-gazillion dollars for this to be the case though and I doubt it's possible to truly figure it out.

As it stands...the jackpot is large enough to be +EV for the $0.50 extra put in each raked-hand...but it's not so much so that you should sacrifice any EV of your regular play in some sort of attempt to hit it.
The chances of still hitting the jackpot don't go down that much when you raise. The chances of you increasing your ability to win money in the actual poker itself go up dramatically with correct raising...and some of the jackpot raisers may cold-call you with their 65s anyway which is even better for you.
Old 12-10-2005, 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Sometimes I am amazed at the amount of stupidity that comes out of my mouth in a forum that I said I'd never come back to.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is it a stupid thing to ask? It is a common sense conclusion that baffled me.

Big tough guy hiding behind his keyboard. Go get some more acne cream with all your winnings and a penis pump.
Old 12-10-2005, 11:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is it a stupid thing to ask? It is a common sense conclusion that baffled me.

Big tough guy hiding behind his keyboard. Go get some more acne cream with all your winnings and a penis pump.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find it interesting that you always respond to the flame posts, but you never respond to the valid, well thought out posts that clearly point out why you are wrong. (Like the ones that Microbob and I posted).
Old 12-10-2005, 11:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I find it interesting that you always respond to the flame posts, but you never respond to the valid, well thought out posts that clearly point out why you are wrong. (Like the ones that Microbob and I posted).

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with both of you.. That is why I did not respond.. Surprised you don't know my posting style by now.
Old 12-10-2005, 11:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This post proves 100% that you are trolling. You had towed the line well prior to this, but you got greedy.