Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-27-2005, 12:40 PM

Default Fired two bluffs into a LAP

Party 200NL

MP is LAP to a tee (40/25/0.xx sort of numbers). I've been beating on him a bit. This is his normal PFR and i'm playing variations of LAG and TAG. I will sometimes iso-raise him here PF just to take command but this hand came out differently because of it.

His bets, given his fairly passive nature, look like very sad attempts at blocking for a flush draw thus my action.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

BB ($217.50)
UTG ($237.85)
MP ($221.13)
CO ($234.80)
Hero ($222)
SB ($329.35)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $4</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $4, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $2.

Flop: ($13) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets $5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $14</font>, BB folds, MP calls $9.

Turn: ($41) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $25</font>
Old 12-27-2005, 12:50 PM

Default Re: Fired two bluffs into a LAP

...which he ain't laying down if that flush draw has the Ah. Which is possible because of his PFR. Likely to be spewing. (You could wait til the river if you think he's drawing, if it's a non-heart, try firing your second barrel there?)
Old 12-27-2005, 12:51 PM

This is a huge spew. He likely has at least an A, possible 2 pair or better and an LAP isn't laying it down.
Old 12-27-2005, 02:02 PM

looks spewy to me.. and a half pot reraise most likely isnt gonna scare him anyways
Old 12-27-2005, 02:06 PM

If you're so sure that he is on a flush draw against people who won't fold it's better to call and fire a bet on a non heart river.
Old 12-27-2005, 02:22 PM

I didn't say he wouldnt/couldnt fold. As i mentioned I had been beating on him a few times before.

He doesn't really look like he likes his hand much does it? With 40/25 stats, he raises a lot more than strong aces PF so could have a whole lot of things and clearly wants me to let him showdown cheaply. My line should look like a strong ace to him I'd say (if not AK). The turn raise of half pot is meant to look like I'm raising for value.

Normally when I try and play back at a passive i'll only fire one, this time it was two. It's only spewing if he likes his hand enough to pay a lot to show it down.

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

/yes, i'm sick.