Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-21-2005, 10:00 AM

Default I just got pimp slapped

Villain's like 15/8/2 over a small sample. He's either been card dead or he's really tight.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (12.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 16.50 BB

You play it the same?
Old 12-21-2005, 10:09 AM

Default Re: I just got pimp slapped

i probably wouldnt bet the river after a tight-ass used a bet/3-bet line even though you capped pf, kinda screams kk. or a real expensive bluff, either way...
Old 12-21-2005, 10:40 AM

I'd check through on the river.

If I won the pot, that would be fine too. I just don't see how the river improves your hand against his bet/3bet on the turn, so I am guessing you are still behind but he is scared that his 2pair is no good, or he is going for the double CR.

Next time if you want an honest opinion, don't show us the action after your river move. It actually is a very interesting decision on the river, but now that we know your were CRed and lost, all our opinions are skewed.
Old 12-21-2005, 10:47 AM

When he checks the river I would bet, too.

His c/r is really odd. His turn and riverplay could be both, either he wants us to push off this hand or he wants us to pay off. You cannot really fold an overpair here, he could have easily have AK or a really wierd played FD.

These rocky-type guys use to get too agressive sometimes.
Old 12-21-2005, 12:09 PM

I'd play the same.
Old 12-21-2005, 12:18 PM

It's easy to say I would check through the river, but I think I would. He has indicated he has something good. The only way I bet this river is if I'm willing to lay it down to a raise. I don't think I am, so just deny him his CR.
Old 12-21-2005, 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd check through on the river.

If I won the pot, that would be fine too. I just don't see how the river improves your hand against his bet/3bet on the turn, so I am guessing you are still behind but he is scared that his 2pair is no good, or he is going for the double CR.

Next time if you want an honest opinion, don't show us the action after your river move. It actually is a very interesting decision on the river, but now that we know your were CRed and lost, all our opinions are skewed.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed on all counts. Forfeit-checks on blank streets always compel me to value bet, but it can't realistically be for value given what led up to it.
Old 12-21-2005, 12:58 PM

I would have played it the same, but looking at this closer I'm pretty sure betting the river is wrong. I think he knows exactly what you have.
Old 12-21-2005, 01:30 PM

Grunch

Ok, so that is a very weird check on the river after 3-betting the turn. This card looks like a total blank, so there is absolutely no reason why he shouldn't be betting here. When someone does something as weird as that on the river, I get a little scared. I am happy checking behind.
Old 12-21-2005, 01:31 PM

u lose to kk