Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 12-12-2005, 02:58 PM

Default Re: Vegas Recommendation for this weekend...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am about to call the bellagio but their 2/5 NL game sucks. Mirage is my next choice i guess but i got fed up w/ their poker room last time there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please expand on both.

[/ QUOTE ]

At the Bellagio, there is a 40BB buy in. while generating action, this leads to a boring form of poker to play (less decisions, less manuevering) and does not have enough money on the table.

The mirage isnt really bad. The quality of the room is just outdated. The chips are dirty and mixed kinds, the room is crowded together, and the wait list organization was poor. Occasionaly the games were real lively but for the most part boring old regulars. The wynn or MGM are just much more enjoyable experiences.

-JP
Old 12-12-2005, 03:17 PM

In terms of room price the Alladin is pretty reasonable and the NL games were extremly fishy when I was there. Not a great party hotel, they have one club and it was dead when I was there, but i like the strip location. easy to grab a cheap cab ride to wherever you need to be.
Old 12-12-2005, 03:58 PM

Bellagio rooms are not bad if you can get the poker rate, but you usually have to call pretty far in advance to get it. I would check out Flamingo, rooms are cheap and it is in a great location. Its a dump, but youll never be in your room anyway.
Old 12-12-2005, 04:02 PM

The 200max 2/5 game at the Bellagio is action city! If you want to play deep stack poker and have room to man-oover, you have to double-through once or twice and earn it. I have seen more hundred dollar bills hit the felt at that game than anywhere else.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:03 PM

JMP,

If you are playing at around the 2/5NL stakes, Bellagio is a very good place to be. You can rebuy at either $100 -> $300 or $150 -> $350 if I recall correctly.

J
Old 12-13-2005, 12:49 AM

Jaydub,

I was unaware of this, thank you.
I booked Bally's today.

Thank you everyone for your help.

-JP