Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back

Old 10-27-2005, 09:30 AM

Default Re: Effect of Bonuses on Absolute MGR

I'm also having the same problems as the rest of you. It's incredibly frustrating. I haven't received any reply from Absolute yet, and I have honestly never had any satisfaction from their customer service.
Old 10-27-2005, 04:47 PM

i have installed the PT patch, exported origianl hands and reimported (prior to 10/24).

I played at absolute on 10/22 unitl about 1900 and did not play again until 2315 on 10/24.

Before I started playing 10/24 I looked at my stats on my affiliate's website.

I played 240 hands of 1/2 on 10/24 finishing about 0200 10/25. (central time) I cleared $20 in bonus after midnite. Pokertracker general info says total rake was $8.25. Summary tab say total rake $87.26, avg. rake .41, 5.65 players.

I haven't played at absolute since then and my stats on the affiliate's website are unchanged as of right now (1545 10/27).

I won't be playing there again until this issue is resolved.
Old 10-27-2005, 05:22 PM

Default Re: What is actually happening

[ QUOTE ]
I have carefully compared the Absolute MGR numbers reported by my affiliate with Poker Tracker. At first the reported numbers did not seem to make any sense but now I am convinced I know what is happening:

1. The daily report is based on hands played from midnight-to-midnight the previous day. This is based on site time which is U.S. Eastern time.

2. MGR is based on total rake divided by number of players receiving cards, just like Party.

3. Bonuses do not affect MGR.

4. The computed MGR numbers are divided by two [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img].

I figured this out because of a day where I played very few hands and had a very small MGR. I then went pot-by-pot and computed MGR based on number of players at the table etc. The rules described above seem to be the only possible explanation for that daily result.

I then went over another day's results pot-by-pot using these rules and the result exactly matched the reported value.

That was as much pot-by-pot computation as I wanted to do because it is a lot of work. But I approximated all my other daily results using total rake and the average number of players at my tables. I reproduced all of my daily results within a few percent. I'm pretty certain I've got it right.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have looked at a couple of low-play days myself, and concur with what you have come up with.

It was amusing to have qual'ed for 40 bonus points, and only be credited with $1 of MGR when most of the play was
at 6-max.
Old 10-27-2005, 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am looking into this right now. Due to the nature of the issue, I suspect it will take at least until tomorrow before I have some answers.

Richard Frost
Assistant Poker Room Manager
Absolute Poker
prm@absolutepoker.com

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, this sure looked wonderful. Someone apparently from Absolute Poker was actually reading this thread and responding. I even E-mailed this guy thanking him for posting here.

It's been almost 3 days since he made the quoted post. Now it looks very bad that he hasn't gotten back to this thread regarding this.
Old 10-27-2005, 08:15 PM

Calm down, it's not the end of the month yet. Besides, I just got this from my affiliate:

I called the head of Absolute's affiliate department and he called me back earlier today and mentioned that Absolute found an error in the MGR stats dating back to 10/11 (something to do with an incorrect multiplier that caused the MGR #'s to be less than what they really were). I was told that when the stats are updated by Absolute Friday morning that all the stats from 10/11 and on should be corrected.
Old 10-27-2005, 09:04 PM

Haha. I noticed this about 2 weeks ago. Interestingly enough, even the new, updated version of pokertracker overcalculates the total amount of rake that has been taken from the tables. As far as I know, this problem is isolated to hands played at Absolute. Due to my curiosity, I wrote a Java program that will tell you exactly how much rake has been taken from the hands you have been dealt in at absolute. If anyone is interested, I can post it on my webspace and you guys can at least have a lower bound on what your mgr should be. As of right now, it works best to give you an idea for 6max, but I could modify it to tell you exactly what your mgr is without a huge problem.
Old 10-27-2005, 11:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Besides, I just got this from my affiliate:

I called the head of Absolute's affiliate department and he called me back earlier today and mentioned that Absolute found an error in the MGR stats dating back to 10/11 (something to do with an incorrect multiplier that caused the MGR #'s to be less than what they really were). I was told that when the stats are updated by Absolute Friday morning that all the stats from 10/11 and on should be corrected.

[/ QUOTE ]

Will be interesting to see what my stats show tomorrow then. I've questioned Absolute several times regarding this issue as I am both an affilate and player at their site and the stats havn't looked right at all this month when compared to last month.
Old 10-28-2005, 08:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Calm down, it's not the end of the month yet. Besides, I just got this from my affiliate:

[/ QUOTE ]

Hopefully this is the case. I haven't gotten any satisfactory answers from Absolute CS or my affiliate, just the runaround. Each says to take it up with the other.

I'd like it to be straightened out because I like doing business with both the affiliate and Absolute, but if it isn't, I'm going to clear my latest bonus and move on. Of course, I'm a pretty low-volume player, so I doubt they'd really notice. Still holding out hope that the numbers will realign themselves by the end of the month.
Old 10-28-2005, 02:13 PM

It took multiple emails to customer service, but they finally said the'd look into it and get back to me in a couple days. That's been over a week.

Meanwhile, I've emptied my account and am playing elsewhere.
Old 10-28-2005, 06:00 PM

Well my affiliate just updated my stats. They are now about 2x what they were before. Glad it was fixed.