Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2005, 02:58 PM

Default Re: cowboys facing a big overbet

I'd call...what did Villian have?
Old 07-07-2005, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd call...what did Villian have?

[/ QUOTE ]
come on, you guys know what villain had. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] do i post the hand if he has 44? ok, well, maybe. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

he had AA, and i lost $300 fighting for $10.

so i'm wondering if my policy of never folding KK preflop is stubborn and dumb or if i make money on this call in the long run.

in my first 10k hands of no limit, i have picked off a few bluffs in this type of situation with KK, although never such a big bet. i have also run KK into AA all-in preflop one other time, but i think there i made the all-in move.

LBJ's hand range for villain seems pretty generous, and even there it is still a fold. (thanks LBJ for running the numbers.)

the money might be a little too deep for this call. for what it's worth, i think this is a silly way for villain to play AA. i probably save money in the long run because i am able to get away from hands like AK and JJ without losing my shirt.
Old 07-07-2005, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

so i'm wondering if my policy of never folding KK preflop is stubborn and dumb

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course you could fold K K pre-flop sometimes. The situation described in OP is not one of those times though.
Old 07-07-2005, 03:56 PM

What an AWFUL play with the AA and how lucky for him that someone had KK and looked him up. That is simply the only hand that will call.

I think I would have mucked with no read, but it would have been harder looking at the KK right in front of me. I throw up if I muck and he shows JJ.
Old 07-07-2005, 04:28 PM

you gotta call. if you say he is weird/bad, he may be WAY overdefending his blind since you raised from the CO. i'd fear AA in the back of my mind but there is no way I'd fold
Old 07-07-2005, 04:49 PM

I just don't think its that easy of a call. If the villain has done this a couple of times, that's one thing, but if this is the first time you've seen him do it, I think it's AA waaaaaaaaaaay more than it's anything else. Someone that will do this with medium pocket pairs or AK would have already done it...that isn't what happened here. Remember, there is 6 bucks our hero has invested in that pot...he's essentially calling 300 to win 300 and if villain has AA we are in a lot of trouble. It seems like the general board here says to call, but I fold here and don't feel all that bad about it...if this behavior continues i'll pick him off eventually.