Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2005, 12:08 PM

Default Re: Loosing month.

People with more experience may be able to give a yes/no on this. But I would have to assume that if you are losing a lot on the river, you are not betting enough throughout the hand. Are you giving people good odds to call with str8 and flush draws and then always paying them off when they hit?

You could just be having a bad run, but I know that when I started out and was getting rivered it was because I was slowplaying or just not betting enough on the flop and turn.

Good luck, I hope it turns around for ya.
Old 06-30-2005, 12:35 PM

Thanks for the advise.

Taking a break now.

And i am going too try what you sayd going to play 5000 hands and then se where i stand. I am tilting now.
Nothing is going my way.
Old 06-30-2005, 03:56 PM

It sounds like it is a tragedy or something like that.
Cheer up. There is no shame in losing at poker but there is shame in overplaying your bankroll and current abilities and there is shame in going on tilt regularly.
Many players cant admit that sth is wrong with their play they continue to play at too high limits they give "one more shots" or "just trying to get even" or "cant go down because people at lower level cant think and they cant outthink them " etc. etc.
It take discipline and ability of self-assesment to go down in limits for a while. Its very important to understand that you need to be in your "A" mental state to play your "A" game.
There is no magic in this game, everybody lose from time to time what separate winning players from losing ones is ability to take some steps to shut losing trend down and to analyze their game.
Consider this the most important poker skill.

Best wishes
Old 06-30-2005, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am not a good enough or experienced enough poker player to comment on your concerns...

If other people are like me though, I would imagine you are not getting responses from people that could help you - I had to read your first sentence four times to translate what you were trying to say into English. A typo or shorthand is one thing, but c'mon...

Literally on the first line:
"know" = now
"loose" = lose
"hole" = whole
"of" = off

My advice - after 11 straight losing sessions - take a day off!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad someone commented on that, that first sentence almost made me throw up in my mouth.
Old 06-30-2005, 06:10 PM

You said you won 84BB the entire month of May? How many hours did you put in? What is your lifetime winrate at these stakes? 84BB for a month is a very slim winrate, depending of course on how many hours you put in. If you have a slim winrate then you will have much bigger downswings as well. Spend some time reviewing your hands to see if you could have played them better. Post some here for review. If you say that you have been taking more than your fair share of bad beats, things should even out soon.

Good luck
Old 07-01-2005, 12:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lost $100 pots on the river think 3-5 times this month.
I have only 2000 hands in PT. But i have played at ather sites that i dont have in pokertracker so .

Maybe it is 5000 hands.
Loosing player or to litle sample ?

[/ QUOTE ]
So you got 5 bad beats in 5000 hands? You're pretty damn lucky if you ask me.
Old 07-01-2005, 05:54 AM

No many many more bad beats but i mean that i lost all the big pots.
Old 07-01-2005, 11:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No that isnt the problem i have. I dont overplay AJ,AT,kq.
And i dont call so much. I almost always have the best hand and they out draw me.

On the river ofcourse.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet more on the flop and turn. REALLY make them pay to chase... even consider Allin on the turn if you think they are on a draw (though I warn you it seems whenever I pull that move, their river card comes lol...)