Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2005, 07:37 AM

Default Flushdraw odds on the flop

How good odds do you guys think is needed to draw at a flush on the flop against a solid player at lowlimits?
You have position on him and it is 6-handed.
And how do is your thought process here?

1. Hand: A3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

2. Hand: Q3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

3. Hand: 65[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

The reason for this is I read in PL & NL by Ciaffone about the risk of running into a boat if the board pairs. And you may also get redrawn if you hit on the turn.

And when you dont have nutflush draw you are also facing the trouble with at occasion someone else has a bigger flush.
Old 07-01-2005, 08:09 AM

Default Re: Flushdraw odds on the flop

Before someone else says it first, you need to ask a more specific question/post a hand.
Old 07-01-2005, 09:55 AM

You and your opponent both has $50.
The pot is 1.25$ before he bets.
How du you play if he bets 0.5$, 1$ and 2$?
Old 07-01-2005, 11:26 AM

i dont worry about boats. most of the time you find someone ovreplaying trips and you take down the pot if you hit. if the board pairs again, I run away fast as hell: check-fold time!

In low limits, I play my flush draws like I have top pair decent kicker... I bet about the size of the pot. Lots of the time everyone folds.

for hand 1, I would call all 3 of those bets, but prolly drop it on the turn if he bets bigger than the pot again.

For hand 2, ill call .5 and 1.

for hand 3, is that 2 supposed to be a 7? if so, ill call .5 and 1. If not, I might consider reraiseing to try and take it down/take a turn freebie if i want it.
Old 07-01-2005, 12:55 PM

The 2 is a 2.
Why do you raise the worst hand?
Is it because you don't mind if you can take it down right now because if you hit you can't be sure it's good?

Do you ever worry that your flush isn't good?
Like when you have the 65[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
Old 07-01-2005, 01:04 PM

Anyone have any book advice concerning playing flushdraws in no-limit for low-limit play?

I currently have PL&NL by Ciaffone, HOH1, IYP, TOP, How good is your PL hold'em.
I am going to order Mastering NL hold'em and HOH2 next week.

I also have truckload of limit books but the advice in limit isn't applicable is it?