Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2005, 05:07 PM

Default Good laydown on the river?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.5 BB (6 max, 5 handed) converter

SB ($46.5)
BB ($43.1)
UTG ($42.2)
MP ($60.75)
Hero ($49)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $0.50, Hero calls $0.50, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($2) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets $2</font>, Hero calls $2, SB folds, BB calls $2.

Turn: ($8) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $8</font>, BB calls $8, MP folds.

River: ($24) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $25</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $49

My time ran out while thinking about it and I was leaning towards calling. No reads.
Old 06-21-2005, 05:26 PM

Default Re: Good laydown on the river?

[ QUOTE ]
No reads.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like it
Old 06-21-2005, 05:39 PM

don;t you think you'll have the best hand at least 1/3 of the time? i think if you call, you might see a set of 3's or 9's, but you could easily see some 2paired hand quite often. i call this
Old 06-21-2005, 05:51 PM

What cards would you hold to call on two streets, never raise then bet the river?

Would a set do that? I dont think so, maybe check call the flop then check raise the turn, but wait 2 streets before even opening? I doubt it. MAYBE he has KK, tried to trap preflop, then futily called down and caught it on the river. doubtful but maybe.

Would 24 play it like this? Possibly, having no read doesnt help, but he could have 24, although the 2 to a flush might make him want to raise the turn, i dont think he'd play it like this with 24 either.

My guess is he has A5 or A3, maybe even K9 if he's real loose. And im pretty sure at least 1/3 of the time he will have one of those 3 hands or something else you beat, id call this bet in a heartbeat.
Old 06-21-2005, 05:52 PM

Fold or raise preflop, IMO. Probably raise the flop (although it's a very dry flop, so maybe not). Good bet on the turn. You only have to be good 1/3 on the river. I don't know. I probably call, but I'm a calling station.
Old 06-21-2005, 06:06 PM

I raise the flop, bet the turn, and call the river

...looks like he missed his flush..i don't see a set playing it that slow and AK would raise it pre flop most of the time...i put that chump all in
Old 06-21-2005, 07:15 PM

Besides not raising pf, you played it fine as calling the river bet is a matter of players preference usually (you should to keep him honest [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )