Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 12-28-2005, 03:54 PM

Default Top 5 sports games of the last 5 years

My thoughts later.
Old 12-28-2005, 04:12 PM

Default Re: Top 5 sports games of the last 5 years

As much as it pains me to say so, Ohio State-Miami has to be in that discussion.

Some other 4 off the top of my head:

New England-St Louis Super Bowl
NYY-Arizona Diamondbacks Game 7
Pistons-Pacers brawl
NYY-BOS 2004 Game 7

I considered this most memorable games. The brawl wasn't a good game at all, but it surely was memorable and had a huge impact on sports within the last five years. If its the BEST games, I might have to take that game out and put in Agassi-Sampras 2002 US Open Final. The end of an era.
Old 12-28-2005, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
NYY-BOS Game 7 last year

[/ QUOTE ]

certainly you mean 2003, the year the yankees won. in 2004, the game was over before it started. sure, it was 'memorable', or in my case 'forgettable', because they were the first team to come back from 3 down in MLB, but it wasn't much of a game.
Old 12-28-2005, 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
NYY-BOS Game 7 last year

[/ QUOTE ]

certainly you mean 2003, the year the yankees won. in 2004, the game was over before it started. sure, it was 'memorable', or in my case 'forgettable', because they were the first team to come back from 3 down in MLB, but it wasn't much of a game.

[/ QUOTE ]

If its a "memorable" list, have the 2004 game. If its "best", include the 2003 game instead.
Old 12-28-2005, 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
NYY-BOS Game 7 last year

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Certainly you mean Game 7 2001 WS Diamondbacks v. Yankees.

Clemens v. Schilling. Mentor v. Mentee. Soriano hits solo shot off of Schilling to take 2-1 lead late in game. D-Backs come back off of Rivera with good guys Grace and Gonzalez playing huge parts.

Best baseball game I've seen. I know you are Yankees fan but you have to admit it was a great game, win or lose.
Old 12-28-2005, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
NYY-BOS Game 7 last year

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Clemens v. Schilling. Mentor v. Mentee. Soriano hits solo shot off of Schilling to take 2-1 lead late in game. D-Backs come back off of Rivera with good guys Grace and Gonzalez playing huge parts.

Best baseball game I've seen. I know you are Yankees fan but you have to admit it was a great game, win or lose.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow you REALLLLLLLLLLLY need to work on your reading skills. Read my original post.

And I was thinking about including UM-UT Rose Bowl, but I wasn't sure if I was too biased into choosing that one. Good to know others liked that game.
Old 12-28-2005, 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
NYY-BOS Game 7 last year

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wow you REALLLLLLLLLLLY need to work on your reading skills. Read my original post.

And I was thinking about including UM-UT Rose Bowl, but I wasn't sure if I was too biased into choosing that one. Good to know others liked that game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did not recall you posting NYY/ARI.

Sorry.

I'm also sorry I wasted my time writing out an entire paragraph about the game and why it was memorable. Jeesh.
Old 12-29-2005, 04:14 AM

1. Paul Pierce + Celtics 21 point comeback in 4th quarter of playoff game versus Nets.
2. Pats come back in snow against Raiders (tuck rule game W00t)
3. Arizona Gonzaga tournament game.
4. About 10 Red Sox games.
5. Pistons Nets playoff overtime game. Was the half court shot Chauncey or Rip?
Old 12-28-2005, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
NYY-BOS Game 7 last year

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

go away.
Old 12-28-2005, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am a Yankee fan and I consider it the greatest baseball game I ever saw. The entire game was unreal. Yanks on the verge of 4th championship in a row with Mo on the mound. When they lost, I wasn't even upset because I knew both teams played to the best of their abilities and that's all you can ask.