Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 12-27-2005, 10:46 PM

Default Do I have enough to call?

Was this a loose turn call or standard.

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (9.40 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
MP1 checks, MP2 checks, CO checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (4.70 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds.
Old 12-27-2005, 10:49 PM

Default Re: Do I have enough to call?

Well, what do you think?
Old 12-27-2005, 10:58 PM

you're getting 1-5.7 on your call, and assuming your 5's, Aces, and tens are good, you have 10 outs, so it doesn't look too bad to me. Why didn't you bet the flop?
Old 12-27-2005, 11:38 PM

I'm done with the hand. We need about 7 outs to call. I don't think we are close to that here. Also I like the flop check as it's highly unlikely we have the best hand at that point.
Old 12-27-2005, 11:48 PM

That turn is a turbo muck.
Old 12-27-2005, 11:50 PM

Nope 5-1 he can have it
Old 12-28-2005, 01:51 AM

I don't think you have enough clean outs to make the call (Aces and 5's tainted).
Old 12-28-2005, 02:01 AM

Can someone help a newbie out?
Why is this such a clear fold? Even if we assume none of the crosses are good we still have 4 clean Aces/tens and 3 clean 5s for the straight.

Sure CO could have 5/6 or a set or whatever but he could also be on a absolute bluff after seeing no action on flop or turn.
Old 12-28-2005, 02:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why is this such a clear fold? Even if we assume none of the crosses are good we still have 4 clean Aces/tens and 3 clean 5s for the straight.

Sure CO could have 5/6 or a set or whatever but he could also be on a absolute bluff after seeing no action on flop or turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking the same.

Everyone has checked twice except the PFR, who announced to the world he had overcards with his flop check.

My guess is that CO is (semi)bluffing a fair percentage of the time here and this should be a factor when deciding what to do.
Old 12-28-2005, 02:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing is we can't call them "clean" because if an Ace comes you're behind anyone with a 5, and if a 5 hits you're behind anyone with a 6. You can't count them fully.

You also can't count fully count the 10's because even if you hit your 10, you could be behind an already made straight or two pair or something along those lines. No card that comes gives you the nuts.

In this case, I'd probably assign 1 out to the Ace, 1.5 outs to the 10, and 2 outs to the 5. I think you're drawing to somewhere between 4 and 5 outs.

I don't think it's a clear cut fold, because counting outs is not an exact science, but I wouldn't be putting anymore money in on this hand.