Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-24-2005, 03:28 AM

Default results

villain here is lancasteraus. he is about 23/19/3.5 he is an over-aggro spaztard, but is a winner in the game. he reads this forum, but to my knowledge has yet to have the stones to reveal himself. he knows who i am and has been berating me from the moment he sat down at the table. he loves the fact that i had a 500BB drop, and assumes i am a losing player. he talks about outplaying me, but i doubt he has pulled any moves. i have said nothing throughout all of this. what's your turn/river play?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

lancasteraus : Uh Oh (and then he says my screen name. he likes to call me PokerNob, as he is witty.)

Flop: (10 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, SB calls.

lancasteraus : LOL. wtf you doing? asking to get owned?

Turn: (8 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls.

river: 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
I check, he checks. he shows AQo and MHIG. Now that I know what he had, I really wish I would have bet the river, as he clearly would have called. But I still think check/call here is the superior line. By the way, I intentioanlly just called the preflop 3bet as I KNEW I could get him to overplay AQ-AT if I did. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-24-2005, 03:45 AM

Default Re: results

If he reads this, he seriously needs to stfu when it comes to the fish it's a fine line between riling them up and pissing them off and/or educating them (i.e. pointing out that they are on a heater and should realize it before they lose it all again...wtf).

Bob... nice line. Totally agree w/ the river. Anomally that he didn't bet imo.
Old 12-24-2005, 03:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If he reads this, he seriously needs to stfu when it comes to the fish it's a fine line between riling them up and pissing them off and/or educating them (i.e. pointing out that they are on a heater and should realize it before they lose it all again...wtf).

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it's an anomaly. Villain thinks, 'hey, I'm probably ahead here, I should in a little more money.' Problem is, if he just calls the 3-bet and goes for a raise on the river, that opens him up to a 3-bet there. By capping, he's able to get one additional bet in on the turn when he's probably ahead without exposing himself on the river.
Old 12-24-2005, 03:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it's an anomaly. Villain thinks, 'hey, I'm probably ahead here, I should in a little more money.' Problem is, if he just calls the 3-bet and goes for a raise on the river, that opens him up to a 3-bet there. By capping, he's able to get one additional bet in on the turn when he's probably ahead without exposing himself on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO this makes no sense. he put in 4 bets, same as if he merely calls the turn 3bet and calls the river. the river card changed nothing. if he calls the turn 3bet and pops the river, he is NEVER good if he gets 3bet and can safely fold. IMO capping this turn is just plain retarded. What can villain put me on that he has beat? I can see it if villain picked up a flush draw, but otherwise it is just chip spewing.
Old 12-24-2005, 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
villain here is lancasteraus. he is about 23/19/3.5 he is an over-aggro spaztard, but is a winner in the game. he reads this forum, but to my knowledge has yet to have the stones to reveal himself. he knows who i am and has been berating me from the moment he sat down at the table. he loves the fact that i had a 500BB drop, and assumes i am a losing player. he talks about outplaying me, but i doubt he has pulled any moves. i have said nothing throughout all of this. what's your turn/river play?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

lancasteraus : Uh Oh (and then he says my screen name. he likes to call me PokerNob, as he is witty.)

Flop: (10 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, SB calls.

lancasteraus : LOL. wtf you doing? asking to get owned?

Turn: (8 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls.

river: 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
I check, he checks. he shows AQo and MHIG. Now that I know what he had, I really wish I would have bet the river, as he clearly would have called. But I still think check/call here is the superior line. By the way, I intentioanlly just called the preflop 3bet as I KNEW I could get him to overplay AQ-AT if I did. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good stuff bob. I have his number too &amp; he definitely loves his overplays. I'm not usually an a**hole but he always busts up a good table with his stupid comments. BTW Lancast you're number 8 on my $$donator list LOL