Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2005, 09:04 PM

Default hmmmmmm

first hand. i have no idea who this dude is.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4.33 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.16 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.16 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.16 BB
Old 12-21-2005, 09:07 PM

Default Re: hmmmmmm

c/r flop, bet bet. he will call down w/ AK, 77/88/99/TT/JJ.

when he raises the turn his range would seem to be AA/KK/QQ/AQ (and some worse hands), and he'll most likely bet the river with all of those but only raise with AA/KK/QQ, so just check call. if he raised you with a worse hand on the turn, he is probably aggressive enough to bet the river with it.
Old 12-21-2005, 09:07 PM

I'd cr the flop. If you're going to donk the turn 3-bet it.
Old 12-21-2005, 09:10 PM

You realize that the K essentially changed nothing except you are now beating AQ or any other Q you were going to split with. I don't get the river lead.
Old 12-21-2005, 09:12 PM

I'd CR that flop too.

Given the current action, does anyone like 3-betting the river? It seems pretty bad, since we are splitting a vast majority of the time, and losing the rest of the time, just figured I'd throw it out there for people to discues.
Old 12-21-2005, 09:14 PM

I'm focusing on 'the dyson' because he was the first, but this can be addressed to all the flop c/rers:

Why are we so sure he'll pay off with an underpair or AK here for more than one street?
Old 12-21-2005, 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd CR that flop too.

Given the current action, does anyone like 3-betting the river? It seems pretty bad, since we are splitting a vast majority of the time, and losing the rest of the time, just figured I'd throw it out there for people to discues.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree and I think you have it backwards. I would say Villains range here is QQ, KK, AA that beat us, KQ (outside chance of AK) that we split with.

A 3-bet here is spewing BADLY, as I think we are ahead here pretty close to never. We are hoping for a split at best.
Old 12-21-2005, 09:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm focusing on 'the dyson' because he was the first, but this can be addressed to all the flop c/rers:

Why are we so sure he'll pay off with an underpair or AK here for more than one street?

[/ QUOTE ]

What would you do with an underpair or AK on a Q22 flop against an aggressive player?
Old 12-21-2005, 09:26 PM

Bob, I would checkraise the flop. With the flush draw and paired board, you are gonna induce a lot of calldowns from Ax hands as well as any pair. Additionally, he will often peel the flop incorrectly.

The way you played it, the only reason to bet the river is if you think he is capable of raising the turn with a hand like 66-JJ and not betting the river with it. As another poster mentioned, if his range is Qx/KK/AA, that K only moves you ahead of the 8 combinations of AQ. You are still behind 8 combinations of QQ-AA. Furthermore, AQ will bet the river very often so a bet gains nothing in that spot.

If you do think he is capable of making that turn raise with a pair lower than Qs, the bet/call is fine. However, I think usually you will be splitting or behind after the turn, so I would check/call the river. But like I said I think checkraising the flop is the right play sir.
Old 12-21-2005, 09:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What would you do with an underpair or AK on a Q22 flop against an aggressive player?

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah basically i totally expect him to call down with AK, any pair, and some worse aces. no one will ever find a fold with 88-JJ here.

i also expect him to at least sometimes peel the flop with some other hands like KJ, KTs, etc.