Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 12-19-2005, 09:20 PM

Default The Official OOT Cookbook.

For a guy with an IQ of 156 I can't cook anything. I used to just order out every day, but now my lovely girlfriend cooks for me every day. (God bless her [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ) She's not a very experienced cook but everything that she's made so far has been great. I'm convinced that she has the gift. She just hasn't had to do it a lot. Therefore, she doesn't know a lot of recipes. This got me to thinking... where better place to turn than the internet. And who better to ask than my fellow OOTers. So I'd like to make this thread the Official OOT Cookbook.

The thread should contain your favorite recipes, cooking directions, and even a pic of the food if you're able to provide one. They don't have to be your own recipes. Just be sure if you got it out of a book or something to give credit to the source if possible. If it is your own recipe you need to give it a name. (example: "deacsoft's hot as hell wings" or something) I'm hoping we can get a nice thread going here and exchange a lot of recipes. Any time someone uses someone else's recipe they can go back in and rate the food. Plus I'm sure many of the contributers won't mind an open forum question or a PMed question if you need extra direction. (If you post a recipe and don't want PMs just indicate it in your post.)

Well, I'm looking forward to the thread. God knows I could use some new things to try at the dinner table.
Bon Appetit!
Old 12-19-2005, 09:24 PM

Default Re: The Official OOT Cookbook.

Nice brag post.
Old 12-19-2005, 09:25 PM

tuna on toast

open and drain a can of tuna
add some mayo
mash it well with a fork
toast bread
slice tomato
Old 12-19-2005, 09:28 PM

Korean steak - made it twice and has gone down well both times

INGREDIENTS:
• 2 pounds thinly sliced Scotch fillet (chuck eye steaks)
• 1/2 cup soy sauce
• 5 tablespoons white sugar
• 2 1/2 tablespoons sesame seeds
• 2 tablespoons sesame oil
• 3 shallots, thinly sliced
• 2 cloves garlic, crushed
• 5 tablespoons mirin (Japanese sweet wine)

DIRECTIONS:
1. In a large bowl, stir together the soy sauce, sugar, sesame seeds, sesame oil, shallots, garlic, and mirin. Add the meat, and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Fry the meat for 5 to 10 minutes, or until no longer pink. Serve with salad or fried rice.
Old 12-19-2005, 09:34 PM

Hmm, okay. I do this by sight, so it's hard to describe quantities. But I'll try.

Blarg's Cream Cheese Eggs

2 tbsp butter or margarine
1/4 bar of Philly Cream Cheese or equivalent
5 eggs

In a small saucepot, drop margarine cut into small bits and let melt over very low heat. Do not let it brown! When melted, add cream cheese cut into thin bits or slices to aid in quick melting. If necessary, tip saucepot on its edge to let cream cheese melt without browning butter. Whisk together eggs in a bowl while waiting. When cream cheese is melted, stir to thoroughly mix with melted butter. Pour whisked eggs into butter and melted cream cheese mixture and mix together rapidly with heat proof spoon. Stir occasionally until scrambled, but not dry, taking care not to let eggs brown.

Serve with toast.
Old 12-19-2005, 09:35 PM

Easy West Indian fried chicken with rice and peas and fried banana

This is my own way of doing it I guess

Basically get some chicken breasts. Heat oil in pan (heat on max). Fry chicken (the oil might jump around a bit). Add some cajun seasoning. Lean on the chicken a bit with a spoon to flatten it and so increase fry-able surface area. If it looks like its drying out then throw on a bit of beer.

Rice and peas. Cook the rice 90%. Get two or three tins of beans eg kidney beans, butter beans - whatever you like. Drain tins and add to rice. Get tin of coconut milk and add. Then put it on the hob and burn off the coconut milk. Not too hot. Make sure to stir.

Fried banana. Chop banana. (I have found that chopping it into little rounds works best). Fry in hot oil.

This is so easy and is actually really good. Enjoy.
Old 12-19-2005, 09:44 PM

For a guy with an IQ of 156 I can't cook anything.

well i didnt have an opinion of you before
Old 12-19-2005, 09:48 PM

Alobars lazy bastard enchilads

named, cuz they are easy as hell to make

Go buy a can of enchilada sauce. I prefer hatch, and I like red. But whatever.

Decide what you want the guts to be. hamburger, ground turkey, chicken, or spinach all work well.

Im actually making them tonight with turkey, so thats what ill use

preheat oven to 350

brown 1lb of ground turkey in a skillet. Use the good stuff (extra lean) so you dont have to drain any fat you cheap bastards!

Dump 15oz can of enchilada sauce into a sauce pan, heat it up while you are cooking turkey, it doesnt gotta boil, just warm it up.

Dump the ground turkey into the enchilada sauce

Lightly oil the bottom of a cooking pan (I think 8x10 is what I use) and place a tortilla shell in it (I use "gordita" size, not burrito size. I think its a 10" shell), spoon out some of the turkey/enchilada sauce into middle of tortilla, sprinkle some cheese on it. Then roll it up. Repeat these steps until there are 6 enchiladas in the pan but make sure you still have sauce/meat left. Take the remainder of the sauce/meat and dump it on top of the rolled up enchiladas, spread it around evenly, and sprinkle cheese all over the top.

Place in oven for like 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted.

eat. Unless you are a fat bastard you should have some leftover. Eat it for lunch the next day, it tastes great microwaved, and is even one of those leftover items, that is decent cold.
Old 12-19-2005, 09:49 PM

I put this thread in my favorites pretty quickly. It features good stuff from ElD with solid contributions from others. It also spawned a couple really good scotch threads.
Old 12-19-2005, 09:55 PM

twoblacknines PB & J
2 slices bread
some peanut butter
some jelly (grape is best)
enjoy