Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics

Old 12-16-2005, 10:59 PM

Default Re: Doh!!!

"And then don't plan on criticizing the administration if it turns out that someone important was released at the end of that time frame before they could be identified"

There is a hell of a difference between an average joe not being recognized as part of a military group and only being identified later, and THE MOST WANTED MAN IN IRAQ WITH A 25 MILLION DOLLAR BOUNTY ON HIS HEAD. I hope that's clear to you.
Old 12-16-2005, 11:02 PM

No, the liberals just think Bin Laden might have some insight about how to force all red-blooded american men to turn in their guns and become homos.

I know. Bin Laden was on the international jewish conspirarcy conference call last night where we discussed, among other things, the war on christmas.
Old 12-16-2005, 11:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But the question is for how long? Their prints aren't going to be in our databases most likely nor their faces. So the only way to be sure is to interrogate them and also others about them, and that takes time. So a vague answer won't do here. Give a time frame you would be comfortable with and state that is the max even if it should prove not long enough to identify them. And then don't plan on criticizing the administration if it turns out that someone important was released at the end of that time frame before they could be identified.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't know. Maybe a week or two before charging them or releasing them? The issue shouldn't be about identifying them anyway. It should be about finding evidence that they committed a crime. If you have evidence, then their identity shouldn't really matter. If there is no evidence, then worrying about correct identification should be beside the point. The much bigger question anyway is what constitutes evidence, and that just depends so don't bother going down that road.

Also, please see Tolbiny's response.
Old 12-17-2005, 12:08 AM

So in other words, we have a bounty on a guy whose name we know, but whose prints and picture we might not have, or at least not enough of a good such record to make a quick idenitity, and then we release them in a week or two. But you libs STILL get to bash the administration for not identifying him in that artifical time frame. And of course if the administration holds the guy too long, then you bash them for that too! So you get to bash Bush no matter what the outcome. Man ain't that great.
Old 12-17-2005, 09:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bush & co has built him up so that they can declare victory if we capture him.

[/ QUOTE ]
The left seems to have the same idea about bin Laden, as if once he's captured/killed our troubles are over...

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe the liberals also like the idea of bringing a man who killed 3000 Americans to justice.

[/ QUOTE ]
Conservatives would like the same thing. It's just most of us realize that it isn't over when bin Laden is captured, just as it isn't over in Iraq when Zarqawi is captured. Forest for the trees, dude.
Old 12-17-2005, 10:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"Iraqi police forces, who were in Falluja then, did not have sophisticated equipment to take pictures of him or take his fingerprints," he told the Associated Press.

[/ QUOTE ] this from a bbc article, quoting an iraqi minister. the sophisticated equipment presumably being... a camera, and ink...?
Old 12-17-2005, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"Iraqi police forces, who were in Falluja then, did not have sophisticated equipment to take pictures of him or take his fingerprints," he told the Associated Press.

[/ QUOTE ] this from a bbc article, quoting an iraqi minister. the sophisticated equipment presumably being... a camera, and ink...?

[/ QUOTE ]

POTD. I laughed. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-17-2005, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bush & co has built him up so that they can declare victory if we capture him.

[/ QUOTE ]
The left seems to have the same idea about bin Laden, as if once he's captured/killed our troubles are over...

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe the liberals also like the idea of bringing a man who killed 3000 Americans to justice.

[/ QUOTE ]
Conservatives would like the same thing. It's just most of us realize that it isn't over when bin Laden is captured, just as it isn't over in Iraq when Zarqawi is captured. Forest for the trees, dude.

[/ QUOTE ]

My point is that your original premise is absurd. Liberals want to capture bin Laden to a) bring him to justice for the crimes he's committed, and b) prevent him from committing any further crimes. To say that we want to capture him because we think that would be the be-all, end-all to the war on terror is ludicrous and makes you sound like an idealogue.
Old 12-17-2005, 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My point is that your original premise is absurd. Liberals want to capture bin Laden to a) bring him to justice for the crimes he's committed, and b) prevent him from committing any further crimes. To say that we want to capture him because we think that would be the be-all, end-all to the war on terror is ludicrous and makes you sound like an idealogue.

[/ QUOTE ]
Then you missed the point of my post. You're right, it is absurd to believe that. That's why my post was a parody of the guy I was replying to. It seems like we agree, otherwise.
Old 12-18-2005, 04:14 AM

I don't see anything at all in your post that leads me to believe that that was your point.