Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-09-2005, 11:29 AM

Default Re: why am i always in these spots?

I give button AK

Cold calling THREE big bets on the turn must indicate BB's huge draw, ie. JdTd

SB calling three pre-flop is very fishy, as is the turn check/reraise, although he is 50 VP$IP and an 'idiot'.. but w 50VPIP his range is pretty hard to nail.. I say pay the BB off, you'll get it back later anyways
Old 12-09-2005, 11:29 AM

Default results if you care

i called like a fish. the best part of the hand is that button went on a tirade after the hand.
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (15 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (16 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls, Button calls.

River: (28 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Final Pot: 36 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
SB has Td 7d (straight, ten high).
BB has Ts Jc (straight, king high).
Hero has 6s 6c (three of a kind, sixes).
Button has 9h 9c (three of a kind, nines).
Outcome: BB wins 36 BB. </font>
Old 12-09-2005, 11:30 AM

Ugh... I think this is one of those "Hero calls and prays" hands. Maybe fold if it gets capped behind me after I call the first two. Even if BB is fishy, he can still read the board and probably realizes that KQo ain't quite da bomb after all the previous action. I dunno... I'd want to throw up in my mouth.

Tom
Old 12-09-2005, 11:40 AM

crazy results

I didnt believe the SB's c/3bet because when I think 'idiot' I think of situations where I've seen players check/reraise or even check/cap with nothing
Old 12-09-2005, 11:40 AM

Default Re: results if you care

So as not to influence those who haven't seen the results:

<font color="white">
Other than the PF call, I thought SB played his hand quite well, though I would have 3-bet the river and gotten reamed. I did actually think about something like a diamond gutshot for him, but discounted it because he hd to call 2.5 bets cold with it... So much for my read...

Wow, BB is a mega-fish. Buddy list!

Tough hand, Bob. You were just destined to lose a sh*tload of $$$ this hand.
[/white]
Old 12-09-2005, 12:21 PM

JerseyTom -

If you're BB, how do you play this hand differently post-flop?

Thinking a 50 VPIP guy is not going to call two in the BB with this hand is crazy...
Old 12-17-2005, 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
JerseyTom -

If you're BB, how do you play this hand differently post-flop?

Thinking a 50 VPIP guy is not going to call two in the BB with this hand is crazy...

[/ QUOTE ]

While very true (cold-calling 2 OOP with JTo is pretty much the definition of "buddy"), that doesn't make him any less fishy.

Unfortunately, there is no other way to play this hand post-flop, since JTo has pretty much no value vs a 3-bet other than to make a straight. He flopped his draw, now he has to lie in it. A JTo gutshot typically has max 16% pot equity on the flop; with a two-toned board and one or more sets (like this hand), it's more like 10% with negative implied odds because he'll sometimes hit on the turn, and the flush/boat will come in on the river and he'll get ripped a new one. Chase away little fishy...

Tom