Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 11-10-2005, 03:05 PM

Default Re: Turn Raise

[ QUOTE ]
I can't think of a single player who would fold JJ-KK against me here. So I wouldn't ever make this play. (maybe I just play a lot of fish, or I have a loose table image, who knows...)

[/ QUOTE ]

same here,and villian must be thinking "what the hell does this guy have" as the hero didnt raise pf,

so i dont like this play
Old 11-10-2005, 04:08 PM

nice. a protected pot bluff. gonores posted about this awhile ago. you guys play good.
Old 11-10-2005, 05:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
nice. a protected pot bluff. gonores posted about this awhile ago. you guys play good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this can be a great move to use occasionally, but I think a line more in tune to what Stox suggested would be much better..calling flop and pulling this on the turn, its much stronger than pulling two CRs on top of each other. The CRs are only going to add doubt and get a call down. But who knows they could fold, after all there are more bad players than good.
Old 11-10-2005, 06:09 PM

Frankly I think you're nuts about a good player calling this with JJ-KK. I think a bad player will call with them because he's bad, a good player will fold them, and a very good player MIGHT figure out what's going on and call with them. But I don't have to worry about the third one happening very often. I think someone who would find this an easy calldown with those hands is probably spewing money on calldowns.
Old 11-11-2005, 12:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
one thing to think about in these situations is to call the flop and then think about a c/r on the turn. You get more information with the card that comes, AND the action with 2 others in the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]
In this situation, the key is the information he gained on the flop. BB's flop 3-bet tilts his range of hands away from the ace, which is what makes the turn play good. If Dane had check-called the flop, BB's possible hands with aces would still be very much a part of his range.
Old 11-11-2005, 02:18 PM

Well the BB paused for awhile then mucked (yes!) and MP called. River is the Td. I bet and MP raises (no!). I call and he has 33.

Thanks for your responses all!