Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2005, 07:18 PM

Default Re: Stop talking at the tables (LC)

[ QUOTE ]
your're an idiot for making the millionth post about this.

just because a fish reads a book or even reads a forum doesn't mean he will apply it anyway. 2+2 is everywhere, hell raymer is the world champ and endorses it on the back of every 2+2 book which is a majority of the books and at every book store in the country.

if someone wants to learn this game bad enough they will, period and that is with or without the help of some yayhoos on party spamming this site.

most newbies end up in OOT anyway so chill.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually watched two guys kindly criticize one of my favorite fish (over a 40% VPIP), and tell him to play fewer hands. He thanked them for the advice, and probably dropped down to around 30% VPIP. Still profitable, but kind of annoying to watch these idiots ruin a perfectly good ATM.
Old 11-04-2005, 07:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The first rule of 2+2 is, you DO NOT talk about 2+2!
[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
The second rule of 2+2 is....

[/ QUOTE ]

SIIHP!!

[I didn't want to make this post as I usually do not waste space with this crap, but I'm extremely drunk and it's not even 6pm yet.... ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Drunk before 6pm. That's pretty awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

Livin' large and takin' charge!
Old 11-04-2005, 07:26 PM

while i generally agree that one has to take it upon themselves to be studious and learn their way around....I still think it's disadvantageous to give weak-tight or loose-fish players a head-start and point them towards the TAG style of play.

Once upon a time I was the fishyest of the fish.
I didn't even know there was such a thing as a 'crappy' hand and certainly thought that calling an all-in with A8o in the first level of an SNG was an okay play.
I thought this until a table-coach/moron pointed out what a crappy play it was (I sucked out and won the hand).

At one point...I wanted to search on google for 'poker strategy articles' and eventually found my way here.
After a little while here I was seen to write "you mean that the guys who started this forum also wrote some poker books too? are they any good?"

Granted, this was in the time when the WPT was just starting and 2+2 publishing wasn't selling at nearly the rate they are now (nor were they as well known).
But there ARE players out there who have never heard of 2+2....and SOME of those who eventually find out about it actually WILL pay attention and potentially get to the level of 'not-as-sucky' play that I have achieved.

I'm not TOO worried about those chatting about 2+2 or pokertracker at the tables to the degree of paranoia.
But I don't think it helps a whole lot.
And I certainly prefer the coaches at the table who are always giving bad advice.

I think that changing the subject to "i like tacos" or trying to argue "that stuff doesn't work. any idiot can see that you need to FEEL which cards are coming" etc etc is a decent approach.
Old 11-04-2005, 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I actually watched two guys kindly criticize one of my favorite fish (over a 40% VPIP), and tell him to play fewer hands. He thanked them for the advice, and probably dropped down to around 30% VPIP. Still profitable, but kind of annoying to watch these idiots ruin a perfectly good ATM.

[/ QUOTE ]
yes, that sucks and its quite a difference but these are a few cases over how many players that play on party let alone the internet?

i just don't think it really effects things that much, plus just because he drops down to 30%VPIP is he going to know how to make good decisions on all streets? a fish is still a fish.
Old 11-04-2005, 07:32 PM

I'll agree that bringing it up is pointless because you dont want to drive any more people than those that are already being driven here, but freaking out when 2+2 is mentioned is a little overboard.
~Justin
Old 11-04-2005, 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
while i generally agree that one has to take it upon themselves to be studious and learn their way around....I still think it's disadvantageous to give weak-tight or loose-fish players a head-start and point them towards the TAG style of play.

[/ QUOTE ]
Tapping the glass is never a good thing.
Old 11-04-2005, 09:57 PM

my favorite is when someone who has 80% VPIP is berating the other fish at the table
Old 11-04-2005, 11:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pyroponic:

I checked out your blog. You are too obsessed with short term variance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obsessed with short-term variance? Sorry if losing $5,000 in a week after taking practically a month out is something everyone handles so easily...
Old 11-05-2005, 12:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Pyroponic:

I checked out your blog. You are too obsessed with short term variance.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obsessed with short-term variance? Sorry if losing $5,000 in a week after taking practically a month out is something everyone handles so easily...

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you shouldn't be playing 20/40 if you can't handle losing 5k
Old 11-05-2005, 12:38 AM

Not to be a jerk but I think that it's funny that members hate people talking shop at the table when the entire 2+2 website is basically a resource for turning fish into good players.